PART 16: FLASHBACK PT.2

We have our story totally worked out. At least I do. If anyone asks, Taehyung is teaching me how to drive a mercedes.He just happened to drop by when I was getting into the car, and just happened to offer.

But no one does ask.

It’s a sunny day, and as Taehyung reverses the car out of its parking space, he retracts the roof. Then he reaches into his pocket and hands me a black hair elastic. “You’ll need this. It’s windy.”

I take the hair elastic in surprise. “How come you have this in your pocket?”

“I have them everywhere. They’re all yours.” He rolls his eyes, signaling left. “I don’t know what you do, shed them?”

Silently, I put my hair up into a ponytail before it can get windswept. Taehyung turns onto the road and heads to the first junction. “It’s in cartoon street,” I say as we pull up at the lights. “You have to head out of gangnam on the—”

“I know where it is.”

“You know where my mother’s house is?” I say a touch incredulously.

“I’ve been there.”
Oh.

I have been itching to ask him about us.But I don't because right now I am more itching to get my hands on that file.
____________________________________
Taehyung turns off the road and pulls into a gravel drive. “We’re here.”

So we are.I hadn't even noticed.The house is looking pretty much as I remembered but a little better.It's a redbrick house dating from the 1990's.Yes my mom likes to keep things a little old school.

Through the gate,I can just glimpse the garden,it's full of different flowers with vibrants colors and herbs.

"Raphael! Ophelia!" I can just hear Mom's voice as she screams at her dogs."Get down! Oh Y/n! You really rushed down here." My mom finally acknowledges my presence.

"Hi,mom," I say breathlessly , manhandling a dog off me."This is Taehyung. My….friend." I gesture to Taehyung who is holding the other dog in his hands and gaze straight into his eyes saying "Put your paws on the floor,little doggy."

Considering it's huge size,the dog is definitely not a little doggy, more like a little leopard.

"Hello," he looks at my mom and bows.

"Well," Mom seems flustered."If I had known you are bringing a friend with you I'd have prepared something."

"Don't worry,mom.We don't expect anything.All I want is the folder.It's here right?"

"Ofcourse!"

I hurry up the stairs and into my bedroom.It still looks the same and has Lee Min ho's wallpaper,it always did.I look around the room and spot the folder on top of a chest of drawers and grab it.

There’s my writing. Lines and lines of it, clear as day. Like a message from me to…me. I scan the first page, trying to glean as quickly as possible what I was doing, what I was planning, what this is all about…. I can see I had written some sort of proposal, but what exactly? I turn the page, my brow wrinkled in bewilderment, then turn another page. And that’s when I see the name.

Oh. My God.

In an instant, I understand. I’ve got the whole picture. I raise my head, my heart thudding with excitement. That is such a good idea. I mean, that is such a good idea. I can already see the potential. It could be huge, it could change everything….

Filled with adrenaline, I grab the folder and rush out of the room.

“Got it?” Taehyung is waiting at the bottom of the stairs.
“Yes!” A smile licks across my face. “It’s brilliant! It’s a brilliant idea!”