Chapter Six: Helsknight

HELSKNIGHT YES-

WC: ~600 

Enjoy!

Hels never really thought one mistake he'd one day make would completely destroy so many people.

Sure, it was always very possible, but these were the kinds of things that always happened to "someone else".

Unfortunately, everyone is "someone else" to someone else.

There he sat, awkwardly rubbing Xay's back in his best attempt at comfort, while everyone else fell apart around him. Xay didn't reject his touch this time, but he didn't respond to it either, just shaking in uncontrollable grief.

Hels stared at Xisuma's body. Something in him admired his bravery, although that bravery and dedication being the things that took his life.

And maybe Hels was crazy, but he could've sworn he saw Xisuma move.

His hand on Xay stilled as he watched the Admin, shock building up inside of him.

And this time, when Xisuma moved, Hels questioned if he really was crazy, or if he was completely insane.

Xay sniffed and lifted his head from his knees, then froze.

Xisuma blinked his eyes open, and all hell broke loose.

"XISUMA!!!" Xay yelled, scrambling over to his brother.

"Hey," Xisuma whispered.

Hels slowly backed up as all of the Hermits simultaneously had some sort of heart attack.

After some sort of sappy scene with a lot of screaming, hugging, and crying- none of which Hels really cared for- things seemed to have calmed down.

"Well... are you slightly less mad at me now?" Hels asked, coming up behind Xay.

As a response, the Watcher whipped around and slapped Hels across the face.

"I will literally strangle you," Xay spat. "How's that as an answer?!"

The Hermit with white hair and a navy blue face mask whistled, and Xay shot him a death glare.

"So, Etho... are they...?" Grian asked the white-haired Hermit (Etho?) in a stage whisper.

"Not yet," Etho whispered back, the grin he shot at Xay evident even with his mask on.

"I can't believe you," Grian spoke in his normal voice, talking to Xisuma. "I told you not to give yourself up- how did you even survive?" Xisuma laughed, running a hand through his hair.

"Long story," he mumbled. "Uh... Biffa says 'hi'?"

The Hermits stared at him, and although Hels had no clue who Biffa was, he had a feeling that Biffa might be dead.

"Anyways," Xisuma chuckled. "I... wow. We actually got you back, Grian." Xisuma smiled at him. He pressed his pointer and middle finger together, folding in the rest of his fingers. He pressed the fingertips of the two fingers against his right temple, guiding the two fingers down his jawline to his chin, before lifting them up and holding them in front of him. He then separated the fingers in the general sign for "two".

Grian looked shocked for a moment, then crushed the Admin in a hug.

"Least I could say," Xisuma murmured, squeezing his shoulder. "I've missed you, Grian."

"Not to ruin the moment- but uh- what?" a Hermit with a black shirt with a yellow 'i' on it called out.

"That hand symbol," Xay explained, replicating the one Xisuma had done. "Is a Watcher sign for love and appreciation, to a really strong degree. More powerful than words, in a way."

Hels glanced around at all the Hermits, and something inside him stirred as he saw how happy they all were.

At first, he thought it was his own happiness, but then he realized what it really was.

Dread.

At that moment, Hels had a sudden feeling that this was only the beginning.

The beginning of something great...

Or the beginning of something that could destroy us all.

Aaaand this is the last chapter I'm able to speed-upload. So y'know, enjoy your cliffhanger!

-Stom