- 𝙙𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪

I was walking around outside in the dark in front of Malfoy Manor. It was a bit chilly and the stars were clear in the sky tonight.

My long dress dragged right behind me, as I slowly walked on the grass. It was nice to have a good cry out here.

Everyone was still inside, enjoying their time with their favorite people. Some were sitting and chatting about anything, some were having a meal and others were dancing.

It got a bit windy and my hair went all over the place. I tried to fix it, but it was no use.

Not that it mattered at this point anyway.

Just then, my best friend since childhood apparated right next to me. He looked up to the sky.

"What are you looking at?" He asked.

There was a short moment of silence between us before I answered.

"The stars. You get to see them so clearly, don't you? Outside your window," I say, now looking at him.

He looked down on me. "Yeah. But I don't usually do that," he laughed.

"So why aren't you inside? It is your birthday after all. The Weasleys finished all the pastries, but don't worry, I saved you your favorite ones," he said.

I sighed and started to feel tears filling up my eyes. I looked down to my shoes and hung my head low.

Draco had a smile on his face until he looked at me.

His smile quickly dropped.

"Hey... what's wrong?"

I sniffled. "There's a reason he didn't come, Draco. He broke up with me before the party," I say, my voice breaking.

We had a moment of silence as I stood there sniffling and fidgeting with my fingers.

He sighed. "Well, now your eyeliner is messed up," he said as he made an over exaggerated sad face and looked at me.

I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"I don't know. I was just kind of hoping we'd have a dance together."

Draco bit his lip.

"Hey... if you want, I'll dance with you... right here. Under the stars. I mean, the music's pretty loud inside, we can hear it from here," he said as he opened his hands.

I smiled and sniffled.

"Okay. I'd love that."

I took his hand and rested my hand on his shoulder as he rested his hand on my waist.

He pulled me in closer, laying my head on his chest.

Eventually we stood there just hugging.

He put his hand up to the back of my head and stroked it softly.

"He doesn't deserve you, okay? Don't give him any attention. You deserve someone who will love you for eternity," he said smiling.

We parted from the hug and he put his hands up to my face.

He wiped the dripping mascara and eyeliner that were running down on my cheeks with his thumb.

"Let's go inside in the bathroom. We'll clean you up, okay? And then I'll give you your favorite pastries."

He took my hand and brought me back inside.