PERFECTLY IMPERFECT MOMMA

Lily's school is celebrating a special event dedicated for the student's parents. Parent's Day. Their teachers ask them to bring their parent/s or any legal guardian.

This time, after 2 consecutive years of bringing her mom, She brought her Momma today.

LISA POV

After locking the car, Lily held her momma's hand tightly while leading the way to her classroom. She's a bit sad because her mom can't go with them but also happy because her momma went with her even she's busy in their company.

"I'm sorry if this is so sudden baby. I know you've practice your lines with mommy the other day, but sadly, she can't go with us today and you need to change it." Lisa said apologetically, knowing that her daughter practiced really hard. "It's just that your brothers caught a cold and mommy can't leave them. They must stay at home as what Auntie Rosie said." They stopped walking and Lisa knelt to level her daughter's eyes.

"It's okay momma. I know Luca and Louis needs rest. Doctor auntie helps mommy to heal the twins too." Lily smiled at her mom. "Your here too, even Auntie Chu said something about meetings. Mommy told me meetings are important too. But you're here. Thank you momma." Lily kissed her momma's cheek and hugged her. "I don't know how you heard that but you're really a smart kid you know?" Lisa hugged her back and chuckled a bit before continuing, "It's my pleasure to be with you today, my baby. And thank you too for being such a sweet little bean. Now hold tight, we need to head to your room, we might be late." Lisa kissed her cheek before standing up with Lily on her right arm and her daughter's cute small bag on the other hand.

"Mrs. Manoban, thank you for joining us today. It's an honor to have you here. You may go and sit there together with the other parents on the back." The teacher greeted Lisa when they entered the room. "Thank you as well for having us, Ms. Lee." She politely greeted back before putting down Lily. "Alright, love. I'll be right at the back and you can go sit on your chair. Fighting baby! I'm just right there when you need me." I pointed where the parents are seated and gave her a kiss after. "Okay momma. Fighting!" Lily said giggling before kissing my check and went to her own seat.

The mini event started, the teacher went on explaining the kids the reason why their parents are here and how they are lucky to have such supportive family with them. It went on and on until the main part started where the kids get to a small stage on the front, calling their parents or guardians to stay beside them and make a little thank you speech to them. It wasn't that long until it was Lily's turn.

"And lastly, Lily Jane Manoban." Her teacher said smiling at Lily. My daughter got up and ran to me. "Come on momma. It's our turn. Don't be nervous." She said excitedly but softly. I just chuckled at my daughter's behavior and went to the stage while she's dragging me with her small little hands.

"Hello! My name is Lily Jane Manoban. I'm five years old. And this is my momma." Lily bowed before looking at me, grinning and a hand still held mine softly. She nudged me a bit when she realized I haven't said anything yet. "Oh. Good morning. I'm Lisa Manoban. It's a pleasure to be here with you all." Lisa bowed and smiled at her daughter.

"My mommy can't make it because my twin brothers got sick last night. But I'm still happy because momma is here with me and I know mommy Jennie is taking care of my brothers with my aunt Rosie, she's a doctor!" Lily giggle which caused everyone to smile at her. She tugged my hand before facing me again. "I want to thank you, Momma, for everything you've done for me, Luca, Louis, and mommy Jen. Mommy always says that you're busy with work that's why sometimes, you can't fetch me at school. But it's okay because mom also told me that you just did that for us." Lily smiled softly to her momma.

"Sometimes I caught you inside the home office busy even it's sleep time and mommy would massage you. She taught me also when I ask her before! Now I get to massage your back when it aches again... but I wish it goes away because I don't want you to get hurt.." Lily pouted and I just stood there trying not to cry. Lily kept glancing at the people in front of her while saying "Mommy Jen always call my momma, 'Super Momma' and now I get why... She always keep us safe like she has super powers! and always takes care of us. When we get sick, or scared, Momma Lisa is always there with us, and mommy Jennie too! My momma is also kind, she has a big heart and I know it because I always see it." Lily focused on me before continuing, "Thank you for being you, Momma Lisa. I love you with all of my heart. And mommy too and Luca and Louis sooo much! You're my perfect Momma Lisa." Lily tugged me down for her to kiss my lips and hugged me tight.

"I love you too baby. So much. With all of my heart and all that I am. You, your brothers and mommy Jen as well. Always." I whispered to her and hugged her back. My tears are barely holding in my eyes as I'm fighting hardly not to let it flow down.

"That is so sweet of you, Lily." Her teacher smiled warmly at her. "Thank you for that Lily. And thank you everyone for your speeches and for being here with us today. That concludes our special event today and we hope to see you soon once again."

After the whole event, I held my daughter's hand and we walk to our car. I felt so light and warm, loved and appreciated. I thank my wife for raising our kids so preciously. Speaking of my wife, I should probably call her. It rang thrice before she picked it up. "Hey love, how are you there with the twins?" I asked her worriedly. "They're so much better now, babe. Their temperature dropped to normal and they are sleeping right now. I let Rosie go earlier since she had an emergency call from the hospital." Jennie said quietly. She must be in the same room with the twins, afraid of letting them out of her sight especially when they are sick. "Alright. We're on our way home now. I'll buy us food on the way home and get your favorites. You should also rest, okay?" I told her softly while helping Lily in her booster seat and entering the driver's seat afterwards. "Ne~ thank you. I can't wait to hear stories from Lily and you. Tell her I love her. I'll wait for you at home. I love you, Lisa." My heart just flutter from what she said. It's just so good to hear, I treasure this kind of moment so much. "I love you too, Jennie. Always."

"And love, after the boys are good and you rested well enough, I want another daughter. I am ready. I hope you are too."

END.
———————————————————————————
Any ideas or suggestions for the next ones?