Chapter Eight

[The Compass]

———————————————

———————————————

Jo woke up with a slight headache, she turned around and smiled at the sight before her. JJ was cuddled up next to her, his fluffy blond hair covering his face. She brushed his hair back slightly before she retracted her hand again.

Jo yawned and got up to make her way to the bathroom. After she brushed her teeth she looked at herself in the mirror and put on a bright smile that looked rather unnatural, seeing as she was forcing it. She dropped her smile and sighed, the memories of the previous night being the only thing running through her mind. Sure, some boys had tried to make a move on her in the past but JJ or John B were always there to scare them off. Though on that night Jo felt extremely powerless, she was absolutely terrified. She pushed back those thoughts and rubbed her hand over the bruise on her wrist that was now very noticeable. She grabbed a bandage and wrapped it around her wrist, putting tape over it to keep it together.

After a long shower she put on a long blue floral dress and a pair of Mary Janes, she topped it all off with her favourite golden necklace that was a family heirloom and her signature straw hat.

"Wake up JJ" she whispered as her head hovered over the boy's face he let out a groan and rolled over.

"Get ur ass up blondie" she pulled him out of bed as he whined for her to leave him alone.

"Okay fine I guess, more waffles for me" she muttered as JJ's eyes shot open when she mentioned food.

"I'm up, I'm up" he yawned.

They made their way downstairs after JJ had taken a ridiculous amount of time getting dressed. Jo swayed her hips on the way downstairs as she heard music coming from the kitchen.

"Morning Honey, Morning JJ" Nicole Harper smiled as she danced around the kitchen with her husband.

"Morning Mum, Morning Dad" Jo laughed as she sat down on a bar stool, JJ taking a seat right beside her.

Nicole Harper was a very passionate woman who enjoyed living life to the fullest, she had grown up in the Outer Banks and later took over the family business after her parents died. She wanted to travel the world but after a few months of travelling she met the love of her life and thats when she chose to settle down and start a family.

It had taken Jo's parents quite some time to warm up to her friend group seeing as they always got into some sort of trouble but after a while they were accepted as part of the family.

"This stuff is so good" JJ says with a mouth full of waffles.

"Course they are I made them" Leonard winked as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

"So what are you kids up to today, oh and what happened your wrist and head?" Nicole brushed her daughters hair back as she inspected the wound.

"Just a few little accidents, I tripped" Joanna laughed as she received side glances from JJ.