Chapter Twenty Four

[The Hawks Nest]

———————————————

Jo sat in the passenger seat of the Twinkie as they neared the Hawks Nest. "You doin' alright Jo?" John B asked as he turned the music down.

"Yeah, better. God never let me drink alcohol ever again" she groaned, taking the last sip of water that she had left.

"All right" John B said as he slowed down the van when they arrived. "Yo, uh,... so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself... tonight" he looked back at Kiara who had a annoyed expression.

"Really?" JJ asked, taking off his cap.

"What?"

"Nothing"

"Look I just don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery." John B said when Kie raised her voice. "I just don't understand why we're involving her at all."

John B sighed "Kie we're not involving her, okay? It's- it's just like uh like a business meeting." Jo started to become warm and uncomfortable.

"Look once we get what we need we cut her loose, all right? Plus we need the map."

"Promise me nothing's happening between you" Kie pleaded as she looked at John B who shook his head. "Nothing is happening Kie."

"I'm being serious!"

"Okay!"

Jo stepped out of the van to get some fresh air, she stumbled a bit before leaning against against a tree.

John B hopped out of the car but stopped once the blonde called out to him. "Be careful, alright?" Jo had that nagging feeling that something bad was going to happen again, though this time she wasn't sure if it was just the alcohol playing with her feelings.

"Always am" John B winked as he left to go to the Hawks Nest.

"Eh, debatable" she mumbled as JJ jumped out of the van to look for Jo.

"JJ my darling c'mere" she muttered as she held out her arms to hug him, he put his arms around her waist as she struggled to keep her eyes open. "You're wearing the suit I made you, well minus the jacket" she grinned, JJ nodded as he looked down at the suit.

"Yup, I guess I am"

"Well you look really good in it"

After a few seconds of silence Jo said something that JJ definitely didn't expect.

"You really are a good boyfriend" she whispered as her head fell onto his chest. "I think I love you JJ"

"Okay, Joanna you're drunk" JJ dismissed not wanting their first 'I love you's' to be under the influence of alcohol.

"No JJ, I'm pretty much sober."

"You love me?" He teased as he spun her around making her giggle. "Yes, I love you JJ Maybank."

"I love you too Joanna Harper" she leaned in to kiss him but he only leaned away. "No way, you just vomited" he laughed as Jo groaned.

"Come on princess let's go back into the van before we get hit by lightning." he laughed as he pulled her towards the van but she didn't move.

"Only if you give me a kiss" she giggled as JJ rolled his eyes before he leaned in and gave her a small kiss.

"Aw didn't think you'd do it, that's true love right there." She followed him towards the van but stopped again as she heard a scream for help. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" JJ questioned in confusion as he couldn't hear anything.

There was another scream which all four teens noticed as they quickly rushed towards where the screaming was coming from.

Joanna suddenly felt sober again as she took off running with the other three close behind her. The wet grass almost making her slip as she reached the spot where Sarah Cameron was sitting on the ground sobbing as a limp body was lying before her.

"Oh my god" Jo cried as she saw John B lying on the floor in pain.

"Sarah! What happened?" Pope's voice rang out, though all voices turned into a blur for Jo as she fell onto her knees beside the boy who was like a brother to her.

"No,no,no hey John B stay with us alright" she muttered as tears came streaming down her face.

Sarah went to lift him up but Jo furiously shook her head "Don't move him at all, he could have severe injuries, that would only make it worse." she choked out as she looked down at the boy who's eyes were now closed.

"How do you know that?!"

"I'm on season eleven of Grey's Anatomy okay! I know some things!"