Chapter Eleven

[Dad?]

———————————————

———————————————

Jo hesitantly looked down and whimpered when she saw a unfamiliar dead body laying on the floor right in front of her. Slowly looking up she gasped as she saw her father holding a gun.

"Dad?" Jo managed to get out as she looked at her hands which were now covered with splatters of blood.

"Joanna darling let me explain" Leonard Harper said worried as he dropped the gun to the floor, he didn't expect his daughter to arrive yet.

"Y-you killed him" she cried out in panic.

"Joanna please it's not what it looks like"

"Not what it looks like?! It clearly looks like you just killed a guy" she shouted pointing towards the dead body on the floor.

"Joanna we've been keeping a secret from you for a very long time and trust me this isn't how we wanted you to find out" her father spoke calmly as he neared his daughter who was still staring at the dead body in shock.

"What secret?"

⎈⎈⎈

Half an hour later Joanna was sat on the couch in the living room, her eyes wide as she wrapped her mind around what her father had just told her.

"So, you're a spy" she finally spoke as her father took another sip of his whiskey and nodded.

"And mum knows" her father nodded again.

"And the guy you shot was after something. Well what was he after?"

"That" he pointed towards the necklace that Joanna had worn every day since she could remember.

"The necklace? What's so special about this old thing?" She looked at the necklace in confusion.

"In that necklace is a key and that key can unlock a vault, whatever's in it, is very dangerous and could potentially kill thousands of people" he explained as Jo's eyes widened.

"Why the fuck would you give me that?" she struggled as she went to get the necklace off of her.

"Nobody would suspect the innocent teenager of carrying the key " he shrugged as Jo scoffed. "And the only way to open the necklace is with your fingerprint" he sat beside her and took the necklace, pushing the back of it to the side as it revealed a scanner.

"No wonder it's heavy" she muttered as she placed her thumb on the back of the necklace. At first nothing happened but as she removed her thumb the back slid open as it revealed a small key.

"So you're telling me this small key could kill a shit ton of people?" Jo spoke in disbelief.

"Pretty much" her father said as Jo dropped the key back into the necklace and closed it again.