Chapter Twenty

[Fire]

———————————————

———————————————

Jo was stood next to JJ who was shooting a teddy bear. Every few second he glanced over to Jo and gave her a cheeky look before looking back at the stuffed bear again. After their hook up they had both admitted their feelings to each other, so they had decided to start dating. Though both of them agreed to not tell the other Pogues yet, you know, just for a little extra fun.

Jo glanced over to the side as she saw Pope with a distressed look on his face. She took off her headphones as she shook JJ.

"They know" he said as he looked towards his two friends.

"What?"

"They know"

"All right, chill bro. All right? They don't know shit" JJ tells Pope as he puts the gun down on the tree trunk before taking a seat.

"Topper knows I sunk his boat" Pope began to panic as he ran her hands over his face.

"How do you know that they know?" Jo questioned as she sat beside JJ.

"Because Rafe and Topper posted outside of Heyward's and mad dogged me."

"Will you calm down and get a grip, man? They don't know shit." JJ stated.

"They have cameras! They could've seen me." Pope argued.

"There was no power. How could they have seen you?"

"It's figure Eight. They got generators! They don't give scholarships to kids who vengefully sink boats!" He started to panic again.

"Calm down Pope"

"Enough with the regret, bro!" JJ shouted as he gripped Pope's shoulders. "They caved your face in" he pointed towards the spot where his wound was.

"They hit us, we hit them. It's the law of the jungle. Now if any kooks come up to you and ask if you had anything to do with it, you walk up to 'em, look 'em right in the eye... and" he waited for Popes answer.

"Deny the living shit out of it" Pope said as JJ nodded.

"That's right. Deny, deny, deny"

"And for extra safety, we've got these" Jo held up the two guns as JJ nodded.

⎈⎈⎈

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this." Kie said as the four walked through the many people that were sat on the floor. The OBX summer movie series was probably Kie's favourite thing since she basically forced her friends to come.

"Back to OBX life, you know? Aren't you glad I made you come?" she asked looking back at her three friends, two of them wore a uninterested look whilst the other wore a bright smile.