Chapter Thirty

[The Gold]

———————————————

———————————————

Joanna sat in the back of the Twinkie as the Pogues plus Sarah Cameron were on their way to find the gold.

Kie had asked her about the bruise but Jo just shrugged it off saying she'd tell her everything later.

"All right, you guys got the rope?" John B asked from the driver's seat.

"Got it" Pope answered.

"Grappling hook?"

"We don't have a grappling hook. We're not batman." Jo laughed as she pulled her hair up into a tight ponytail.

"Pulley?"

"Check"

"Dark clothes?"

"Yup"

"Flashlights?"

"Check"

"All right, good." John B stopped the car as they arrived at Mrs. Crain's house. "We're ready."

"Let's go get rich, guys." JJ commented as he lifted the rope from the ground and put it on his shoulder.

"Wait, wait." John B stopped them as he opened the door. "I wanna say thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight." He told them as everyone just stared at him.

"Aww" Jo smiled as Kie spoke up "Always."

"Of course, man" Pope said as he did a quick handshake with John B.

"All right, we done with this circle jerk? Can we go do this?" JJ spoke up impatiently.

"Let's go get that wheat in the water."

"Weed? I'm up for weed." JJ snickered as he jumped out of the van. Pope sighed and shook his head "Wheat. I said wheat."

The six teen made their way into the garden as they slowly walked along, though all of them suddenly jumped back when a light turned on.

"Oh shit!"

"Okay, so she has motion sensor lights." Jo concluded, "We could, uh... move really slowly, maybe?" JJ suggested.

"That's not how it works, dumbass"

"Oh, shit. Let's throw a rock at it." John B spoke up and Jo just sighed at the boy's stupidity.

"That's a really good idea actually, let the axe murderer know that we're here." Kie said sarcastically.

"What about the breaker? In the circuit box on the porch. We used to play hide and seek here as kids, and if we were brave enough we'd go all the way up to the porch." Sarah informed them but John B immediately shook his head.