4

My eyes opened to the soft white-gold light of the new day, the hues of the sun beamed through the room. I sat up and looked around and noticed I was in a room.  But I remember that I was in the middle of the forest running away from the demons with the wolf-THE WOLF!

I looked around and sure enough, there was the wolf, huddle in the corner of the room, sleeping peacefully. Its wound was wrapped neatly...Did someone save us?

My answer couldn't come soon enough. The sound of the door sliding on the ground brought my attention to it. There I noticed a woman and a man looking through at me. 

"I am glad that you are awake," the woman said.

I turned my attention towards her and looked at her. I was able to notice that she had a noticeably light complexion, kind, dark purple eyes that appear a lighter color around the rims of their irises, and a small beauty mark located on the left of her face below her lower lip.

"I was worrisome to see a young girl like you in the forest with wounds like yours and your wolf...your wolf refused to let me help you at first..."

I turned my attention towards him. He looked frail. His skin appeared dull, pale, and very fragile...yet his eyes showed nothing but compassion in them. But he had those hanafuda earrings that I remember seeing before the darkness took me.

Wait... did he say my wolf refused for him to help me...? That wolf was ready to attack me...and yet it protected me in its state...very intriguing to say the least.

"Can you speak?" the woman asked as she took a couple of steps towards me causing me to whip my head directly at her a push myself a bit away from her. She stopped when she noticed my hesitant behavior, "I only want to help."

I turn my head towards the window. If this man didn't save me...it was most likely that I would have been dead...those demons would have the ore my father wanted me to protect. The ore!

I looked around the room and didn't see it.

"The ore...where is my ore?" I questioned. The tone came out as if it was like a winter stream, icy and quiet, sending a shiver down their spine. Their eyes widen.

Ah y-yes, your wolf is guarding it!" the man stammered. 

I turned my attention towards the wolf to see that the ore was low and behold against him as if it was a cub sleeping with its parent. 

"He also wouldn't let me take hold of it...he instead picked it up and followed me when I carried you here."

"Hm..." I looked down my nose at the wolf, my eyes glowing as the wolf was sound asleep. How did it hold such loyalty after attempting to take my life will remain a mystery?

"Do you have any family?" the woman asked.

"No," I said blandly. My eyes lidded dully, "They were slaughtered by demons looking for that ore."

"Oh dear," the woman said as she gasped.

"Mom?" a heard a small voice.

"Tanjiro, I told you not to bother your parents," an elderly woman shout out...yet there was no sight of her.

I turn my attention to the voice and noticed it was a small toddler with fairly tanned skin. He had ruffled, black hair with burgundy tips, combed back to expose his forehead, and wide, dark red eyes with white pupils that appear lighter around the lower section of his irises. He was cradling a small infant in his hands as he had questioned his mom.

"Tanjiro, is something wrong?" she asked as she turned around and kneeled at his height.

"Who is that?"

"U-um-"

"Y/N Uzui," I answered