31

Twilight was falling. Street lamps tried to extend the light of day for a while longer, but the darkness slowly devoured everything in its path, but the lanterns. The south of light populated the streets. The warm lights of the paper lanterns, brothels, and teahouses flooded the streets, cutting the surrounding darkness.

This place that Uzui brought me to... was simply a place built entirely for the pleasure of men. There weren't just prostitutes here, there were various other methods of pleasure as well. It was the enemy of women and man's greatest invention.

The mix of wet dirt and perfume fill the air, and the loud boisterous laughing and talking of all the patrons and workers was much more boisterous than up north.  This just wanna make me cover my ears and ignore everyone and everything around me.

But Uzui arm linked to mine prevented me from leaving and served as a stark reminder as to why I was here in the first place. I glanced at his attire seeing as he had changed from his usual attire to a more simple one where he was clad in a wine-colored kimono hiding his sculpted figure from perfection from the public eye, his silky white hair that was barely past his shoulders, giving him that naturally scruffy look while his magenta eyes stunning, sparkling like beautiful jewels was enticing many single women on these streets. I guess in these streets everything is fair game, even married couples.

"Uzui...what was your intention of putting me in such a scandalous outfit?" I asked stoically.

"For you to stick out, with the outfit you wear many people are fond of your looks being similar to your little legacy of the north but the clothes give you a more foreigner's presence since the clothes aren't traditionally from Japan,"he answered me with those cut magenta eyes looking down at me.

And from those eyes, I can tell he wasn't lying. The many beautiful women and men call out to patrons on the street from the latticed storefronts were confirming his statement. As we passed through, the windows of pleasure houses and brothels where prostitutes, with rice-white faces and wax-red mouths, bleached complexions with artificially rosy cheeks that looked pinched or slapped or scalded, were lining up behind were focused on everyone passing by...teasing us all to come and play.

Suddenly, we stopped and slowly gathered at two sides of the street where we heard a chime and shouts.

The spectacles of the rare appearance of the famous Oiran. Paraded on the street of this district.

The woman wore a large multi-layered kimono, its fabrics having patterns of dragons and ibis. Her lips had been painted a pure red and her face had so much makeup that I couldn't really distinguish the color of her eyes. Her black hair was tied in a large bun adorned with much sparkling jewelry and gold. She was absolutely stunning.

Kind of reminds me a bit more of a reason why Rengoku and I aren't compatible...beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...

I shocked my head and looked elsewhere. It was quite astounding...The reddish tinted walls had brands and names more exotic than the ones outside. The names were more than often preceded by the words 'teahouse'. Most had their curtains closed and he wondered who would feel welcome in a tea house sporting large barred and covered windows. This place was oozing with sin.

I simply let out a sigh.

I finally focused and didn't even realize that Uzui was leading us to a gambling house while trying to act like the men. The occasional flirting with the courtesans of the men around the table made it all too easy to blend in and when Uzui paid for a bottle of overpriced sake and shared it with the people he was playing with, they were singing like canaries. The warm flush of their face makes them feel hot and their eyes looking at my glowing skin from the sweat that perspired made them even more enticed.

"Such a beauty," one person commented.

My eyes fell on him as he looked at me a tall, lean, muscular man with messy obsidian hair and a single braid on his left side with grey-hued eyes -sharp and concentrated on me with a large scar over his nose bridge.

Men like him are the reason why marriages and relationships break and start here.

Uzui must have sensed the perversions of this man. His muscular biceps wrapped around my figure as he presses me into his side, which I allow him to do only to play the part.

"I know...I am lucky to have gotten her first."

My hand travels to his chest, gently stroking his pectoral muscles, my eyes looking up into his while slightly blushing.

I bite down on your lip, reaching for his face and pulling him close so my lips grazed his ears.

"He is definitely our demon and it seems your little plan worked..."