27

The third time I had met with Kokushibou and had escaped with my life. I cannot be this weak!

My sword came crashing down on the trees in the area. I didn't nearly have as much strength as him, and even while gripping my blade with two hands, I was unable to cut down a mere tree. 

I could only growl in fury as perspiration beaded along with my hair and damped my side bangs.

My anger curled hot and unstoppable in my gut, like a blazing inferno that wanted to burn me from the inside out. I lunched forward and slashed at the tree, knocking the tree down along with others in its path.

I glance down at my four-colored sword, upset at myself for not unlocking its full potential.

"you see Y/N They are called feelings..."

I glared even harder at my blade reminiscing on the words Uzui told me while the sunset began to slowly make its close, the land was becoming dark. During these times, it was the dark that demons come out to lurk awaiting their next victim to come stumbling by so that they can sink their teeth into their flesh and drain the sticky hot liquid from each vessel in the pure one's little body.

"They are a distraction..." I mumbled.

"If this isn't luck, I don't know what to call it..."

To everyone else, winter was a time not to be outside, less you wanted to get sick. It was freezing, the ground was covered with snow, and the wind blew hard and merciless and this demon believe I would be its prey.

"Do not waste my time," I stoically said to the demon while keeping my face blank and walking past it.

"Wha-"

I felt my eyes turn sharper; the shivers in my body pulsing throughout him me. Instantly, I appeared in front of the demon in the blink of an eye, sword raised above my head. 

Fury, unbridled fury.

"Total Concentration. Fifth Form. Permafrost."

 The raging winds picked up as the night clouds had thickened, and there seemed that of transmutation of some sort above the fields we stood. The cool rush of snow almost subsumed under the swirling mass of chaos.

A noise, like the shattering of a hundred crystals, a sharp crack that echoes through the area, and the transmutations lock around the demon keeping it in place. A dew, silvery and dense, enters the demon. Quickly, the demon yells out in pain as large shards of ice from within protrude out, decapitating the demon with one shooting upwards. 

Splashes of blood stained the white, pristine snow. My eyes were fixed on it as I breathed evenly through the sides of my mouth, letting out cold wisps of air, not even sparing a glance as the demon's head dropped helplessly at my feet once the ice faded.

The demonic activity in this area is an omen of impending disaster, Muzan is getting persistent with wanting this orb.

"Y/N IS TO REPORT TO HEADQUARTERS!" my Kasugai crow yelled out while circling the area. 

I reached my arm out for my Kasugai crow to land down on.

"Did the Master say anything else?"

"Yes, to reside in the wisteria mansion near there for a while" my crow cawed.

My eyes were locked onto my crows, but my gaze seemed a bit unfocused at the request of the master. But the scent of the wind is becoming tainted with blood in this area. Maybe a change of scenery would be best considering that there have been more slayers in the area as promised. 

"Also the Insect Hashira requested for some Negi to bring to the butterfly mansion."

I nodded towards my bird and reached out my other arm. My eyes were focused anywhere the big white flakes touched my skin, where they melted, but not before I could make out dazzling geometric patterns. I was going to miss how much this region was both ephemeral and dazzlingly unique.

I looked out before me taking in the last of this thin white blanket across the entire landscape.

In the times I have become a Hashira and now, it provided me with solace and peace to ease my mind of petty distractions. But now I would be back surrounded by those same distractions. Surrounded by a man whose bright confidence astounded me but yet...belonged to another.