Chapter 25- Packages

"You, what?" I asked him just to make sure I wasn't hearing things.

He took a deep breath then started to speak again "I've missed you Darren, so much, I'm sorry but I don't think I can keep my promise to you" he told me with guilt in his voice.

I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't miss him. I did, I really did. "Please Cam, it's best for you if you stay away from me." I said as I started to gather my things getting ready to leave. But Cam had other plans. He grabbed my shoulder and turned me so I was facing him.

"I'm not letting you go that easily Darren" he said looking straight into my eyes. Those brown eyes always makes me weak every single time I see it. So I closed my eyes and looked away.

"Please Darren don't be like that, I'm really sorry about Tiffany but can't you forget about it, it's old news, she's old news. I really hate it when I'm not around you." He said adjusting my face so we were staring right into each other, well more like him staring at me, I still have my eyes close.

Was he serious?

Did he really just say CAN'T YOU JUST FORGET ABOUT IT. I shrugged his hands off my shoulder.

"I can't believe you think it's that easy Cameron, you think I can just forget the time you broke my trust, and for a second time too? Look you're smart Cameron, but don't be dumb" I quickly spat as I started to leave the library. But once again he was quick, he jumped in front of me, blocking me from leaving.

"No Darren I didn't think that way at all" he said.

"Well good then, so you understand why I don't want to be with you." Those words were hard to let out.

"Yes I know, I already took advantage of that." He paused for a moment "I know you will never get back together with me" he said making me confused.

"Then why are you here?" I asked him.

"To ask if we can at least be friends, I can't stay away from you Darren, it's too hard to do" he complained

"We are friends Cam" I replied back to him.

"Then if we're friends, then we can spend every moment together right? Because that's what friends do." He said with so much happiness.

"I'm not too sure about EVERY moment, but yeah we could 'hang' out or something." I replied back.

"Cool, then it's a date." He said with so much confidence.

"No, Cam it is not a date." I chuckled. Gosh this guy was so cocky. I missed that. "But we will go out, but it's not a date." I told him to clarify.

He sighed heavily then finally talked. "Fine okay, I guess it's better than nothing." He said and I replied with a smile.

"Okay I've got to go, class is about to start" I told him.

"We have math together, remember Darren?" He told me making me feel really dumb.

"Oh yeah" was my genius answer.

We then started to walk to math. I then realised that I didn't have my phone in my pocket, my heart started to race so I told Cameron I would be right back while I went back to my spot. As soon as I got back to my little table at the back of the library, my heart went back to normal speed when I found my phone on the computer table.

On my way back to Cameron I saw something strange at one of the book aisle. So I went to go check it out. I wasn't ready for what I was about to see, but it was Moses and Sierra making out with each other. I made a small gasp making them stop and look at me.