Chapter 10- First Day of School Part 1

Oh god

Where was it?

I swear I just had it.

I am currently stressing out over the missing sock that I had yesterday when I was picking out what to wear for today. The first day of school. I spent almost two hours deciding what to wear for today.

I didn't know what kind of clothes people wore in Los Angeles since I haven't gone shopping yet and all the clothes I had were just the ones I had in Miami. Now that I think about it maybe they don't wear too different clothes. I hope.

I spent another good five minutes looking for the other pair of sock when I found it on top of my backpack. I swear I looked there before and I swear that sock wasn't there. It doesn't matter, the good thing is I found the sock.

"Darren hurry up" Derek yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"Sorry, I'm coming" I quickly put my sock on then my black Chuck Taylors, I grabbed my backpack and went down the stairs.

"Darren god what took you so long, you need to wake up earlier, remember you have a zero period class that starts at 6:50, and remember I have to drive you too since you don't have your license, god I sound like a mom" Derek was upset about this because he had to wake up early to drive me to my zero period class. I tried telling his parents it was okay if I walked to school, but they said no and that Derek would drive me.

"Sorry about this Derek" I said a little embarrassed I had to count on Derek driving me to school early in the morning when I was already 17 years old and I still haven't started on getting my permit.

"Darren I was kidding I'm not mad at you for making me wake up early, its not your fault your such a braniac who takes way too much advance classes" he said with a smirk at the end. "Now eat your breakfast, and let's go"

I just stared dumbfounded at all the food on the table. From French toast, to bacon, to eggs, to orange juice, and to pancakes.

"Cmon eat with me" Derek said patting the seat next him.

"Ummmm, I really don't eat breakfast." Derek chocked on his orange juice hearing me say that.

"What, Darren your crazy, didn't the Jacobs feed you back in Miami?"

"Well yeah but I just didn't feel the need to eat breakfast, I was always on a rush since I had zero period and I had to walk to school, which was two miles away, so I got used to skipping breakfast"

"Well Darren from now on if you are going to live in this house, you will eat breakfast, and don't worry about school you won't be late, I'm here to drive you." He smiled eating a piece of bacon. "Now come on"

I sat next to Derek and started to eat with him.

"So where's your mom and dad Derek?"

"Well dad wakes up at 5:00 in the morning everyday for work so you dont really see him much and mom since she's one of the teachers at our school and since its the first day she went to school early."

"Oh okay" Me and Darren continued to eat breakfast in silence.

*****

"Hi class, I'm Mrs. Tanner, and I'm your biotech teacher. I know what your all wondering ugh I hate this class already because I have to wake up early, but let me assure you this will be a really fun class and you won't regret taking it."

I looked around the big science classroom which consisted of 30 lab tables. One for each student. The whole point of this biotech class is just to do experiments, write the data down and write a lab report for each experiment. We even get our own lab coats Mrs Tanner said and our name will be stitched to it. I'm gonna like this class.