Chapter 31- Regrets

Today was the day. I was finally moving out of the house even though I've only been living here for a year. Elizabeth tried persuading me every day to change my mind and stay with her John and Derek.

But I said no, I started something and I wanted to finish it, plus this was for my own good. It was hard for me to live in a house who right across the street lived your first love, and probably the only one I will ever love. I still could not handle the fact that Cameron didn't even want to hear me out.

I shook that thought out of my head. If he didn't want to hear me then so be it.

"Darren you ready?" Derek asked me his head popping through the door. I gave one last look at the empty room then left. I walked away with my crutches still on, Doctors said one more week and no more cast or crutches.

"Darren, I still can't believe you moved out before I did, and I've lives in this house for over 18 years. I chuckled at his remark and stuck a tongue out at him. He ended up ruffling my hair. "Don't stick your tongue out at me mister."

I walked down the stairs with the help of Derek. He held my crutches as I grapped the railing with my life, two-stepping each step. I finally made it down and Derek gave my crutches back, I then exited the house. I gave the house one last glance. "I'm going to miss this place" I said to myself, or so I thought I did before Elizabeth rushed towards me with a hug.

"You won't have to miss it if you stayed you know, we can unload your things from the car and pretend the thought of you moving out never happened" she tried to persuade me, but I already knew what I wanted.

"I'm sorry" I said hugging her back. "I love you, and like I said before I'll only be about thirty miles away so I could always visit."

"Then you must visit every single day" I chuckled at that. She sighed and gave me one last squeeze. "I'm coming with you, I need to make sure your roommate is not psychotic." Her face brightened up a bit with that idea.

"Sure, but there's no space in the car, only me and Derek can fit in there, some of my things are in the back." I informed her.

"I'll just follow you then." She finally let go of me then she headed towards her car. John exited the house seconds later and entered the car with Elizabeth.

"Ready to go?" Derek asked from the inside of the car.

"Yeah" I replied as I entered the very crammed vehicle. All of my things were in the back and some were in the front as well. Out of habit I glanced at Cameron's house before we left, and as if on cue Cameron was just leaving his house. Cameron met my eyes for a few seconds, he gave me a questioning look but our gaze was broken when Derek drove away.

I didn't even get to say goodbye. I thought to myself as I sat in the car just looking at the road ahead. That's all I did the whole ride stare at the road while I thought about Cameron. Which probably wasn't healthy for me.

*****

Cameron's PoV

Nash texted me saying he was going to pick me up so we could go to a party. He said it was time I moved on from Darren so he thought I should find someone at the party I was about to attend. I've got to at least try to move on.

But it was hard.

Hard in the fact that I could never ever be mad at Darren no matter how hard I tried. All the attempts of me telling myself that I didn't care for him anymore miserably failed, because right after I would tell myself 'I don't like him anymore' my mind would quickly add 'Just kidding, I love Darren Jacobs so much'

But I had to try and get over him, because he made it perfectly clear he didn't want me after I gave him the option that if he came to me then I would come out as gay and tell everyone including my parents I was gay, and that Darren Jacob was my boyfriend.