Chapter 9- Beach bonfire

During our way back a friend of Derek called him and invited him to a bonfire they were having at the beach. Derek said yes then called his parents to ask if he could go. They said Derek could go if and only if I went with him. Derek seemed to like the idea but I hated the idea. So now here I was in Derek's car on our way to the beach bonfire.

"You can just drop me off at your house and I'll sneak inside, I promise they won't notice me, please." I was pleading Derek to drop me back off because I didn't want to go to the bonfire.

"Come on Darren its not that bad."

"Easy for you to say, I'm not gonna know anyone there and you'll probably know everybody."

"Darren I promise I'll stay with you throughout the whole thing" Darren said putting his pinky up.

"Promise?" I asked reassuring.

"Yes I promise" then I hugged his pinky with my little one.

*****

The music was blasting, the smell of alcohol was everywhere, and I kept tripping on either someone's foot or the sand.

Where the he'll is he?

This was the question I was asking because I could not find Derek anywhere. I passed the same couple making out for the fifth time now. I cant find him anywhere. People being tall did not help because I could not look over them to look for Derek.

That's it I give up. The promise he made with me immediately broke the second we arrived because he went straight to his friends and I lost him instantly.

I decided to get away from all the chaos at the party and walked down the beach. I walked for about 10 minutes then stop to sit down. I can still see the people at the party but from a distance. I can still hear the music but not as loud. I was looking at the sea and noticed the beautiful sunset. This made me realize that this was my first time ever stepping on sand and my first time I've seen the ocean, and let me tell you this view was beautiful.

The sun reflecting over the ocean making it shine, the seagulls flying around, and the sound of waves crashing onto the shore.

This moment was just perfect.

I sat there for a couple of minutes, my eyes closed just listening to my surroundings, when someone scared me to death.

"Beautiful isn't it"

This caused me to startle, but then calmed down when it was Cameron standing there, beautiful as ever. Even more this time, if that was possible, because of the sunset right being him.

"Oh, I'm sorry didn't mean to scare you." He said with so much care in his voice.

"Oh its okay, but people has been scaring me lately though, so your not the first."

He chuckled at that. "May I sit?" He said pointing to the spot right next to me.

I couldn't find my voice. So I just nodded. I gulped real hard as he sat next to me.

" It is beautiful isn't it?" He looked at the sunset in front of us. I still couldn't find my voice, so I once again nodded.

Breath Darren oh breath, don't want to pass out in front of him do you?

"So I'm sorry"

"Sorry for what?" I asked curiously.

"For you know, ditching you earlier today even though I said I was going to show you around town." He answered apologetically.

"No its fine, you had plans and I shouldn't have interfered with them, so if anything I'm sorry."

"Nonsense, I'm the one that ditched you so don't say sorry to me, okay"