Chapter 8- Ditched

Boyfriend

I knew it was too good to be true. He's as straight as a pole.

"Boyfr..r..friend?" I stuttered out.

"Yes he is." She answered looking at him again with a smile.

"How long have you guys been going out?" I curiously asked.

"Well in about a month its gonna be our two year anniversary." She said with soo much happiness in her voice.

"Wow, congratulations you two"  I said putting on a fake smile.

I looked at Cameron and for some reason he had a guilty look on his face.

There was an awkward silence but then Tifanny broke it. "Well anyways Cameron" she looked at Cameron. "Let's go to Nash's house, he's having a little gathering since everyone's back from Magcon."

"Well actually I was gonna show Darren over here around since he just moved to L.A."

The smile on Tiffany's face started to disappear. "But I haven't seen you and the rest of the guys in so long, I miss you guys" She pouted.

"If you guys have plans I don't want to come between them" I quickly said, I didn't want to interfere with their plans.

"But Darren..."

"No its fine you guys go, I have to go finish unpacking anyways" I made an excuse so that Cameron won't see how pathetic I was because I was sad that we couldn't hang out.

"See Cam he's fine if you go, so C'mon let's go" she tugged on his arm.

"Okay okay lets go" he turned to look at me. "Sorry again Darren"

"Its fine" I replied.

I watched Cameron get into his girlfriend's hot pink Mustang. How long has that been there? I saw the car disappear after turning the corner then I went to go sit on a bench near Derek's law. I just sat there staring at space.

I don't know how long I was sitting there but I was brought back from my daze when Derek called my name.

"Darren?" he asked a little confused. "What are you doing here I thought Cameron was going to show you around town?"

"Yeah we were suppose to but his girlfriend wanted him to go with her to a little gathering with their friends."

"Well that's Cameron for ya, he would always ditch his friends so him and his girlfriend could hang out."

"Oh" I said before an awkward silence between us came. "So I'm just gonna go back inside and finish unpacking."

"No don't, let's do something since Cameron ditched you." Derek said with a smile.

"What did you have in mind?"

"Well for starters I'm gonna show you around town, then I'll take you to my favorite ice cream shop, then....... I don't know I guess we'll see what other cool stuff we could do. Oh! And yeah I gotta sign you up for school my mom said."

"School?"

"Yeah my mom said if your gonna live here she wants you to go to school."

"Uhhh I guess we could do that."

"Cool" he said. Then went to open the garage to get his car. When the garage opened I saw the nicest car I have ever seen. It was a vintage black mustang with car tattooes all over it  and very cool rims. Tiffany's mustang was nothing compared to this one.

"You like?"

"Yeah its so cool, how many hours do you spend working on this"

"I think the total hours I used working on this car was like 20-22 hours, I don't know"