Chapter 16- Charity Concert

Broken

Was all I was for the last couple weeks. Almost my whole life I was humiliated but I just ignored it. But this time I just couldn't simply ignore it. I was hurt. Badly, and I don't think anyone can do anything to make it better.

I sighed and laid back down on my bed after doing my homework then I heard a text from my iPhone. It was from Moses.

From Moses: Darren?? R U OK? Talk to me bud.

Moses didn't deserve this, after..that day... I just totally ignored him. He didn't know anything. All he knew was he saw me bolt out in tears out of the hall where me and Cam talked. Moses sent me another text.

From Moses: Was it Cameron?? I swear I'll beat that piece of shit for you.

I chuckled at that not minding if he would but that would be mean.

To Moses: Not it's not Cameron, I just need time for myself okay?? Sorry for ignoring you the last couple of weeks :(

I texted back Moses lying a little bit about the whole situation being Cameron's fault. But come to think of it this is all my fault. I was the one who said yes to his secret boyfriend thing and I was the dumb one to think that Cameron actually liked a person like me.

From Moses: Okay, im so glad to hear from you Darren at least I know your not dead. ;) Anyways I gotta go get ready for our soccer game. Bye Darren.

I quickly replied a goodbye and see you tomorrow at school and he texted back surprising me a little since he said he was going.

From Moses: Okay see you tomorrow Darren, and remember im always here for you, if you need me just ask.

I went downstairs only to find out that no one was around meaning I was home alone. This got me excited because I wanted to practice for the charity concert tomorrow and I really don't like to practice knowing people can hear me. So I rushed upstairs to my room and started to set up. It was pretty warm in my room so I opened the window to let some air in. After about three minutes of setting up I finally started to play.

I was now practicing for about forty minutes and nothing stopped me from practicing except when it got chilly so I decided to close the window. The second I got to the window the first thing I saw was Cameron who was sitting at the curb in front of his house staring at me. He then clapped his hands and gave me a thumbs up.

I was a little embarrassed knowing that he heard me playing but then I got mad remembering his betrayal. So I quickly closed the window and shut the blinds close so he couldn't see me. I started to pack my things when I heard a text message coming from my phone. I looked at who sent me the message and got curious when it said Unkown.

From Unknown: That was some beautiful playing Darren.

At first I was confused to who whould have sent that but then realization hit me and knowing it was Cameron because he was the only one that heard me play. I just ignored the message and deleted the text.

How did he get my number?

I just ignored it and took a quick shower and brushed my teeth then went to sleep because tomorrow was the charity concert where Mr. Garner got a slot for me to play a solo. After that thought I couldn't go to sleep now.

*****

"Class, I think we're going to rock the conert tonight don't you?" Mr. Garner asked us knowing everyone knew the answer to that question. And it was a yes. "I think you all worked hard enough and I'll let you guys pack up early today, see you guys 7:00 sharp tonight okay?" And the whole class just replied with a yes making Mr. Garner dissapear into his office.