Chapter 15- Hurt

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE. I HOPE YOU ALL HAD AN AMAZING 2014. THNX YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT, I LOVW YOU GUYS. :)

Darren's PoV

"Here's to Darren everyone" Derek said as he raised his glass waiting for John, Elizabeth and me to mimic his action.

"To Darren" Everyone in the table cheered as I sat in a little embarrassed by everyone's ecstatic attitude. I shyly drank my beverage while they all sang 'happy birthday' to me.

All eyes from the restaurant were on our table.

"Thank you guys" I smiled thanking them for everything that they have done for me hoping they could stop this embarrassment. Why were they so happy, it's just a birthday.

Our food came a few minutes later and the second our plates touched the table we started to eat. I guess they already planned this reservation three weeks before my birthday because Derek said it's hard to get the table we were eating at right now. I would imagine why, I mean the view was amazing from up here.

We sat at the rooftop of one of the most expensive hotels in L.A. overlooking the beautiful city below us. It wasn't chilly either since the rooftop was trapped within a glass top and the heater was on. This was all so unreal.

After eating our dinner and sharing a dessert since we were still full, everyone from the table other than Derek grabbed a present from under their chairs. They all looked at me and gave a mischievous grin.

"Oh no you guy's didn't have to get me anything" I said trying to protest but they gave it to me any ways. Seconds later there were two box of presents in front of me each having a unique size.

"Open mine first Darren" Elizabeth exclaimed very excited. I opened the small present to find an iPhone 5s.

"Now you can keep in touch with us Darren and whenever Derek has to stay late for practice you can call me so I can drive you home instead of you walking" Elizabeth explained.

"I can't keep this. It's too much. I can wait for Derek, it's not that big of a deal" I argued.

"No, Darren you're keeping it, and I don't want to see you giving it back to me" Elizabeth, who was squinting her eyes at me said.

"Okay" I sighed. They were all going over the roof for my birthday. No pun intended. I'm not mad at them, I just didn't want them to spend so much money on me.

"Okay my present next" John said rubbing his hands together. His present was in a box smaller than Elizabeth's. When I opened it I gaped at the present inside. It was a credit card.

"No, no this is too much, please I can't accept this" I said while trying to push it back and shake my head.

"Yes you will Darren because you will need it" John told me making me question why.

"How come?" I asked curiously.

"Well you see over the summer, before you arrived, we booked a cruise that we planned on going to go to around November. But when you arrived I tried to book an extra room for you so you can come but it was already too late because it's now sold out." John explained to me.

"How long will you be gone?" I asked them.

"We'll be gone during Thanksgiving Break and the first week of December." Elizabeth informed me.

"Oh" was all I could say about this situation.

"That's why we gave you this credit card, it's mine but just use it to buy yourself things that you need" John said also explaining things that I might need to buy.