Chapter 32- Starting Over

Cameron's PoV

I really messed up big time this time. What I had done over throws everything bad I have ever done to Darren. Now Darren was gone and I know for a fact it was all because of me.

I am such a fool.

It's been weeks since I've found out Darren moved out and not a single day has passed by where I didn't try to find him.

Elizabeth, John and Derek would not crack. They wouldn't tell me anything, just that he's gone.

Dang them and their morals.

I layed back in my bed after another day of trying to find Darren. Apparently even his friends didn't even know he moved out. The only people that knew where he lives now is across the street and they will not tell you even if you paid them a million dollars.

I deeply sighed as I looked up at my ceiling. "Darren I'm sorry, please where are you." I said out loud even though I knew no one would hear me. "I...I..still love you."

Darren's PoV

Three Months Later

"Okay I'll see you guys tomorrow" I waved to my study group as they all started to get up from the cafe seats and leave. I stayed at the cafe for a little longer as I studied a bit more and finish my sandwhich.

"Uh, sir your payment didn't reach the bill total, we need $4.32 more." The waiter said snapping me out of my zone. I quickly brought out my wallet and gave him five dollars and told him to keep the change.

After paying the waiter I decided it was time to go home. I gathered my things and left the cafe. This was our study spot for when we had a huge test to prepare for. The cafe was in the city and I discovered it one day when I walked around the city of Los Angeles after my shift. Now it was my new favorite place to get my daily dose of coffee, which you needed alot if you are a college student.

It was nearing 6:00 and the sun was still out, but probably not for too long. I decided instead of getting a cab back home that I just walked instead. It was a nice weather at the moment and I certainly was not in any rush to get home. After all it was only a three mile walk so I would be fine.

Walking down the streets of Los Angeles during this time was pretty crowded. People all around were rushing to get home after work. Everyone would then fight to find a cab and at this hour I was glad I didn't get a ride home. I mean the traffic was horrible.

I continued walking the direction I needed to go to get home. I then stopped at the crosswalk with all the other pedestrians. We were now waiting for the walk sign so we could cross the street.

I don't know why but walking around the streets of L.A. gives me a sudden sense of freedom. I mean I've already had that for a while but when you walk around by yourself with no weights on your shoulder, you just feel so free and let me tell you it feels good.

The sign finally signaled we could walk. I let everyone go in front of me first before I walked because I didn't like being crowded while walking across the street. I would most likely fall. When the sign said I had 10 seconds left that's when I walked.

For some reason it felt like time slowed down as I crossed the street. I caught a glimpse of a familiar car driving by. Just like that it felt like everything was in slow motion as I saw who the driver of the vehicle was.

Cameron.

I quickly looked away as I walked across the street faster. The familiar car drove by already and I felt a bit more relaxed. That couldn't have been him. I thought to myself as I kept walking. As I continued walking I heard the sound of someone running from behind me. The footsteps were getting closer and pretty soon I was turned around and I was met with those beautiful brown eyes again.