Chapter 2- The Meeting

"Hey, kid wake up we're here" A random voice said during my sleep.

"Five more minutes" I whined not wanting to wake up because I was still so tired. Then I remembered that I was on a bus, so I woke up, grabbed my bags and thanked the bus driver for waking me up. I got out of the bus and walked in the airport feeling the cold breeze as I walked in. It was at that moment did I realize I didn't know what to do next.

I didn't think this plan through did I?

I just stood there dumbfounded thinking of where I was going to go next when a text came. I took out my phone which was just a iPhone 4.

David: Did you really think you can get away that easy you piece of shit? After all we've done for you like adopting you and feeding you, this is what you do? Well guess what your not free and I will find you and drag your ass back. Watch yourself.

I stared at the message horrified. How could I be so stupid. Why did I bring my phone with me? He probably already tracked down my phone and he's probably on his way now. They installed a tracking device on my phone a long time ago because David did not want me to be running away, but yet I was dumb enough to bring it with me?

After minutes of me staring at the message David sent me I quickly replied to him a very mean message that contained lots of bad words then I ran outside to dispose my phone.

I was looking for a trash can when David replied again. I don't refer to David as my Dad not even on my contact list in my phone because what was the point. He never really was one or even tried to be one.

I looked at the message he sent.

David: You piece of shit! Your dead to me.

At last I found a trash can and before I throw my phone away I wanted to break it. I was about to throw my phone down on the ground when I  got another text but the text ringtone was different than David's. I checked the text and it was from my one and my only best friend. Derek.

Derek: Darren what's up? How have you been? I miss you sooooo much. :(

Derek was my best friend since Freshman year of High school. He stood up for me and helped me through a lot. We were best friends ever since but then he had to move because his Dad got a huge job promotion, which was all the way in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles, that's it. I can ask Derek if I can stay at his place, but just long enough for me to get a job and earn enough money to buy myself a place to live.

I quickly went to my contacts list and called Derek's number. It rang three times before Derek answered.

"Darren?" I can here the surprise in his voice.

"Yeah Derek it's me" I replied relieved to here the sound of my best friends voice.

*****

After asking Derek for the favor and then Derek asking his parents if it was okay he said I could stay at his place. Derek asked me why I was running away and when I told him because of my family he totally understood right away.

His parents didn't even hesitate about saying yes because they knew about me and my family issues. They even said I could stay as long as I needed to which I hope won't be too long because I don't want to be a burden.

After talking to Derek a little bit more about when he was going to pick me up I threw my phone on the ground, stomped on it then threw it in the trash. Derek said that as soon as I arrive at the Los Angeles airport that I go find a payphone and call his number, which I wrote on a napkin just in case.

I went back inside and looked for the ticket counter.

"One ticket to Los Angeles please" I asked the lady behind the ticket counter.

After buying my ticket I went to the security check and waited there for about 10 minutes. After getting all my stuff back I looked at my boarding pass then got confused to where gate 18A. I wandered around aimlessly trying to find it but had no luck. Then I did something smart, I went inside one of the stores and asked one of the worker where the gate was at.

After getting the directions and finding my gate I sat on one of the seats very exhausted. I'm almost free I thought to my self.

A voice sounded through our intercom informing us that our flight will begin boarding in 20 minutes. I was early good, but what will I do now I mean I just broke my phone. I needed to go to the bathroom so why don't I do that. I gathered my items then went on a search to find a bathroom sign. I found a sign pointing to a bathroom near the food court area of the airport so I started heading that direction.

I was about to turn the corner that leads to the food court area but I bumped into someone who seemed to be running for their lives. This caused me to fall on my butt.

Ouch.

I was staring at the floor trying to take in the pain that's on my butt when I heard a very deep and sexy voice.

"Are you okay?" The mystery guy said extending his arms out to help me.

I looked up to the owner of the voice and was locked on to the most beautiful brown eyes I have ever seen. Brown eyes that matched with his perfect brown hair. This guy was gorgeous. From my point of view, which was on the floor, he was also tall.

I don't know how long we stared into each others eyes but we were soon brought back to reality when one of his friends who had big blue eyes called his name.

"Dude come on they're coming"

This caused the brown-eyed beauty to run off with him and his other friends.

Who was that guy, and why were him and his friends running for their lives? I thought to myself still sitting on the floor. I stood up gathering my bags ready to go turn the corner when one of my questions was answered.

A mob of screaming teenage girls went running to direction the guys were going, then I realized they were chasing those guys. Following the mob of teenage girls were security guards chasing the girls. I was knocked off balance but I managed to not fall. I saw almost the whole airport staring at them running.

I stood there waiting before turning the corner so that I dont bump into someone else running. When I thought it was clear I successfully turned the corner and went to the bathroom.

The only thing I was thinking about was a specific pair of brown eyes.

A/N: HEY HEY GUYS SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT FOR ME TO REWRITE CHAPTER 2. I TRIED TO MAKE IT LIKE I HAD BEFORE IT DISSAPEARED BUT LIKE I SAID I TRIED  TO WRITE IT AGAIN SO DONT HATE ON ME.

THNX FOR READING AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT ABOUT MY WRITING. ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE ACCEPTED. IT WILL HELP ME BECOME A BETTER WRITER. :)

STAY AWESOME GUYS

-E