muffins and rain storms

Luke's POV

After school on the weekdays, My boys, Alex Mercer, Reggie Peters, and I work at Olly's Frozen Yogurt. I know, I know what you're asking...

Why is a charming good looking guy like me working at some frozen yogurt place?

Well to answer that question, mom was nagging me to get a job so this is the first place I thought of. I could've chose a different place but Olly's is near home and school so I don't have to go far. Alex and Reggie work here too because they felt bad that I was alone so they signed up.

These guys are probably the best thing that could've happened to me. They are my rock, my safe place, and frankly they are just in all talent and amazing on the bass and drums.

Alex Mercer, he is basically the gay brain cell of the group. He may be tall, but he is one big glass of anxious. That's basically how Alex started playing the drums, to calm down his anxiety when he has it tough. Alex is basically the person to go to if you need advice or just need a corner to cry in. Alex is not one to judge others, but will tell you if he does have a bad feeling about it.

Since he is the reasonable and responsible person out of the three of us, he basically found it easy to find a boyfriend (but was a nervous wreck before he fessed up to it). When he came out to us, we were accepting of course. Just some people weren't really...

*cough* his mom *cough*

His dad loved him for who he was so he was pretty cool about it. Alex and his parents still live together but Alex doesn't like to stick around with his mom alone because he is afraid that she might say something rude about his sexuality. Though he doesn't really associate with his mom, he still takes her opinions to heart a bit.

FYI, he likes to stick it in our faces that he has a cool skater boyfriend named Willie with luxurious hair, which honestly I'm kind of jealous of Willie since he has someone like Alex. But Alex is happy so I'm happy for him. I feel like everyone needs a Alex Mercer in their life.

Now on to Reginald Peters, but we like to call him Reggie because he didn't like us calling him Reginald growing up. Anyways, Reg is like the unfiltered baby of the group I guess you can say. He speaks his thoughts out loud most of the time, but I promise you he can be smart when he wants too. Think of him like a golden retriever or Joey Tribbani from FRIENDS, the unfiltered dork with a big heart.

He doesn't talk about his family life a lot, but if he does he sort of avoids it. Alex and I try to avoid the subject of his parents a lot because we don't want him go back to that dark place in his mind. He's the type of person who will hide the pain with their bubbly personality.

My family life isn't something I like to talk about either...

Growing up, I loved my life! I loved my sister Carolina (Carrie), she taught me guitar while I sit next to her in awe of her talent and love of music. My favourite memory is me and Carrie singing and playing along to Disney songs while my mom watches us and claps along, and then there was my dad. My dad and I didn't really get along, he ignored all of my achievements basically and made me felt like nothing

He favoured Carrie a lot and made sure her future was bright. I was just a distraction to her future. Dad forced her to stop hobbies she loved to do, things we loved to do, she obligated to his decisions at the end. After mom and dad's divorce, Mom didn't take it well but Carrie just up and left without a trance.