MUST PROTECT!

Wherein Luca saves Kuku from a potentially grave danger. (Fatal dog brawl against a much larger dog)

Lisa and Luca had just finish picking up Luca's clothes and shoes which Jennie personally ordered two weeks prior. They brought their cute little puppy, Kuku, with them since Jennie had an important meeting today and no one's at home to look after the pup. They also bought some stuff Jennie listed before heading to where they are now, at their favorite restaurant which is owned by Rosé, Jennie's sister-in-law.

"Light ones only, okay? We'll still eat lunch at home." Lisa reminded Luca as they entered the restaurant. It's still 10am and a snack after some shopping won't hurt. "Ne, momma." Luca said, excited to eat his favorites. Good thing they also brought some treats with them for Kuku to munch. "Good morning Mrs. Lisa and Luca." Some staffs who saw them greeted which Luca greeted excitedly that made her momma chuckled before greeting the staffs back.

"Come on, bud. Where do you wanna sit?" Lisa asked as she was eyeing for some empty chairs. "Can we sit outside, momma? I wanna see the flowers. Auntie Rosie said she planted new ones last week!" Luca answered, giving Lisa a cute pleading face. "Alright. Just keep an eye on Kuku, okay? He might make a mess if he gets too excited." Lisa reminded her son once again, afraid of ruining Rosie's mini garden. "Okay, momma. Thank you!" Luca said grinning. Lisa led them to the patio and let Luca decide their table, which chose the nearest one to where the flowers were planted.

"What do you wanna eat, bud?" Lisa asked Luca after settling Kuku on the ground, right beside their feet and letting the latter sit on his on chair and getting his goodie bag and placed it on the chair. "Can I have a sandwich and fruits, momma?" Luca asked while patting their dog's head softly. "Alright. I'll just order the food inside since I also need to go to the washroom. Do you wanna go with me or stay her?" Lisa asked while standing up. "I'll stay her with Kuku, momma. I'll take a look at the flowers too." Luca said while glancing at the patch near them. "Arasso~ call me or any of the staffs if you need something. I'll be right back." Lisa kissed his head before heading towards the counter, also reminding some staff to keep an eye on Luca.

After Lisa went inside, Luca can't help but go near were the flowers are to sniff them. "Are you also happy, Kuku? Did you have fun, huh?" Luca giggled when the pup licked his knee. "Do you wanna see the flowers too?" Luca held the pup on his arms, hugging Kuku and lifting him up to get a better look at the flowers and smell the scent which made the pup bark a few times. "Pretty right, Kuku?" Luca giggled again before placing Kuku down.

"Do you want some treat, Ku? Come here, I'll give you some." Luca led them both to their table, reaching his bag to get a small pack of treats for the dog, placing it on the table as he had a hard time zipping close her bag. After he safely zipped it, he found Kuku on the top of the table sniffing the treats, excited to have some for himself. Luca laughed at the pup's frantic wiggling of his tail. He opened the pack and gave Kuku bit by bit of his treat. "Good boy! I'll tell momma to give you your water later, Ku. Is it yummy?" Luca just stared at the pup eating his treats eagerly, still holding the pack of treats on his hand, too engross that they haven't noticed another dog passed by and stared deep into Kuku and his treats.

Luca snapped his head up when he heard a loud continuous barking of another dog just a few meters away from them, getting dragged by the owner through the leash on his neck and front limbs as it keeps resisting his owners wants. Luca got scared a bit as the dog was huge, almost four times bigger that Kuku without his fur and by the fact that they are only separated by a few meters high fences and plants from the sidewalk they passed through.

Luca's anxiety and fear only doubled when the dog kept resisting his owner that made its leash snapped and broke free from any resistance. A loud shout was heard after the owner realized his dog got loose and ran off towards Luca and Kuku's direction. Almost instantly, adrenaline kicked in Luca wrapping Kuku in his arms and jump off of his chair, running straight inside the restaurant when he saw the dog was about to jump over the plants and fence of the restaurant, silently thankful that his momma always leave the door open when they are sitting outside the restaurant.

"Help! Mommaaaa!" Luca continued to run inside and around the counter while shouting. He climb up on higher ground, trying to hide inside the huge cabinet beside the kitchen window with Kuku still in his arms. The huge dog followed them inside, barking loudly but the security guards are quick enough to block the way and scare the dog with the wheezing sound of the tasers they're holding. Another guard held a rope just incase they needed to tie it down if the situation gets worst.

"What's happening?!" Lisa asked while running frantically towards the staffs, "Where's my son?! Luca?!" She continued to ask when she didn't saw her son and Kuku outside, in the patio. "He's inside there, Mrs. Lisa." One staff told Lisa, pointing at the huge cabinet where Luca hid with Kuku, two staffs guarding it incase something happens. "He's safe, Mrs. He immediately ran inside with Kuma." Lisa immediately ran towards it and open it to see Luca closing his eyes while holding their pup close to his chest.

"Love? Buddy its Momma Lisa.. Come here." Lisa said softly while holding Luca slowly, trying not to scare his son after a traumatic incident. "Momma?" Luca asked, slowly opening his eyes. His tears came crashing down when he saw Lisa and let go of Kuma, which the staffs held instantly, before jumping into Lisa's arms. "Momma Lisa!" He hugged Lisa tightly, still crying from the scary situation he just went through. "Oh love.. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you there. I'm so sorry that happened." Lisa kept kissing his head while holding him just tight, careful not to hurt his son.

After a few minutes, the manager already dealt with the owner of the dog, thankful that there where only few people than usual since it's Monday and the restaurant had barely open its doors before the accident happened. Lisa felt Luca calm down, his breathing is slowly getting even, hitting the skin of her neck. "Not Momma's fault." Luca said after minutes of silence. "It's not your fault, momma. It just happened. It's an accident." Luca kissed her momma on the lips before snuggling again on his neck.

"Still, I should have let someone accompany you there." Lisa breath deeply, it also scared her to death. "I'm not setting my eyes off you again. Oh gosh.. You're mom would kill me." She shuddered imagining what her wife's reaction would be. "I'll help you with mommy Jen." Luca giggled.

"But I'm proud of you. You wanna know why?" She pulled a bit off to look at Luca in the eyes. "Despite being scared, you never left Kuku, leaving someone you love in danger. You protected him and saved him from that huge dog. And that says a lot about you, my love." Lisa smiled at him, hugging him again and planted a sweet kiss on his forehead. She felt his son smiled upon her neck. "I know you would do great when your sister comes to this world. You'll be a big brother in a few months and I'm already so proud of you."

"Thank you, momma. I will protect my baby sister soon too! I'll help mommy and you." Luca hugged her tight. Lisa just melted with his words. "I love you, Momma Lisa." He yawned, obviously not hungry anymore. Lisa chuckled knowing their snacks will probably eaten later that afternoon instead. "I love you too, Luca. so much." She cradled Luca a few more minutes before getting Kuku and their things from the staffs and left to head home.

I just hope my pregnant wife won't go hysteric over me knowing that her raging hormones drives her over the edge for even at the slightest things.

Still, I love Jennie. so much.

END.
———————————————————————————
Apologies for any grammatical errors.