chapter 2: a journey

(Chapter 18 manhwa)

The fight is really intense that I forgot how gory the scene is in front of us.

I quickly took the cloth nearby and close elf girl's eyes.

"HEY WHAT'S THAT FOR??" She protest.

The boy shocked at my action but I pointed at the corpse and he immediately understood why I'm doing it.

"There are things here little kids are better off not seeing." The savior said.

"But I already saw plenty... and you're also a little-" the girl protest

"Let's go and don't take your cloth off until I say so." he quickly change the topic and started to move.

"What about the other kid? He is the one who show me your fight." Trying to blame me.

The red haired saviour boy glared at me but I just shrug.

"He said he is okay but doesn't mean it okay for you." He replied

"But! ... *sigh* Okay..."she gave up.

I quickly looted the corpse if they have any clean water because my throat is collapsing.

I immediately drank the whole flask of water like fish on the surface.

"Aah" the pleasure of having your dry throat to be finally wet.

"Hello *cough* *cough*" I try to talk for the first time and it not a muffle!

The boy clap my back.

"Are you okay?" He asked with concern.

"Yeah, thank you." I answered.

I finally could talk!

he just nodded and continue his walk.

After a few minutes of walking, we're in a good distance away from the battleground.

"We should be a good enough distance away, you can look now." the boy said to the elf while opening the blind.

"Th-thank....y---" she got interrupted by "okay! Nice meeting you!"him trying to walk away from us.

After he said that, I quickly lunge at him and the elf hold his remaining shirt.

I noticed that I'm an inch taller than him, so we must around the same ages.

"No, you're not going away!" I said while hugging him.

"yes! you save us!" the elf girl said while made a puppy eyes.

"Look, I need to get home too. Those sla-- bad guys won't chase you anymore. Besides, aren't elves generally safe in this forest anyway? He is here, he can keep you company." He said while trying to get off of us.

"No, we need your superpower." I said while shaking my head.

he gave me a confusion look.

She nodded

" We cant use magic yet but you can and beast only scared of adults... My parents said that kids will get beaten by the hounds or tree golem." She added.

I just nodded furiously, knowing nothing to keep him here.

"Ah... okay... well do you at least know how long it'll take to get to where you live from here?" He asked annoyed.

"I ..... don't know." She said.

He hold his head and sigh...

"How about you?" He asked me