Chapter 7: homesick and decision

The whole point of this journey is to return back home.

We're already accomplished one of the point, Returned Tessia back to her hometown.

Arthur does not. This is the fastest only option to get him back to his family by asking the royal family.

It still saddening that he want to leave this place so quickly.

While me here, doesn't have any direction to go... No home, no family and more importantly no memory of this world at all. I'm a blank slate, if people told a lie to me about this world I will accept them as truth but now I have the most trusted person near me, I can decide by my own what is true or not.

I'm just looking at him with a sad eyes and turn away, look at my hand. I need to find a purpose in this life.

"You're going to leave already, Art?" she doesn't look shocked rather she look sad.

I saw The queen flinch at her daughter action, rather how she called him by a nicknames that we agreed on.

I look at my right and there sit an old elf smug at him while holding his I guess a type of cigarette. Elven cigarette probably.

"I'm sorry Princess, knowing history, I don't think it's appropriate for a human to be inside this kingdom for too long." he claimed

I don't know any history in this world so it must've been hectic one. Even human on human history can get over chaotic, If other race exist in my world, there is probably have a never ending war against each other.

"beside, I want to make my priority to make sure my family safe and sound and let them know that I'm okay as well." he continued.

His parents must've been worry sick because they lost a 5 years old son.

The talk is really long and heavy that make me thirsty. Surprisingly, I'm the first who drank the tea infront of me. The tea is already cold however, but i can deal with it.

"regardless of our two kingdoms' past, you have saved my daughter and taken the trouble to accompany her all the way back to us, which entitles you to a befitting reward..."

The king look at his daughter slumped down as the queen try to comfort her.

" Unfortunately, The teleportation gate linked with Sapin Kingdom is only accessible once every seven years, during the summit conference between the three races. It'll be another five years until the gate will open." the king continued

Knowing this information, I look at Arthur. He seems sad with the news. He really want to meet his parents as fast as possible.

"However, we'd be happy to send a group of guards to escort you back home safely. I'd like to extend our hospitality."

Arthur seems to spring back up with that word.

"some of us are tolerant enough, but too many hold grudges towards human because of the war long ago. So for now, make yourself at home. We will have your escorts prepared by tomorrow morning." he finishes.

Well, it was fun while it lasted being by Arthur side. I'm going to stay here for now, working here perhaps, find a purpose maybe.

"Thank you." Arthur relayed as grateful as possible.

I'm teared up a bit but I need to hold in.

"Are you going to join him, child?" The oldman asked me

Arthur's situation is cleared but mine does not.

" While umm.. Art has his own destination in mind, I does not. If his majesty allowed, I'd like to stay here until my memory... come back..." I said all of this looking down on my palm.