26: Rules

THE OFFICES of Mercedes-AMG Petronas' Formula One Team were nearly empty, with all the staff having removed their perishables and other items from their desks in preparation for the summer shutdown.

Lewis Hamilton was already making the most of his break, and you knew he'd be in Monaco by now, catching some sun and swimming in the sea. God, how you missed swimming.

You wanted to grab the stuff for Max and leave, get out whilst you still could before...

"And what might you be doing in my office?" Toto smirks, leaning against the door frame whilst his arms crossed in front of his chest with a sense of arrogance. His tongue dragged across his lip awkwardly, lingering in the corner where some sauce resided.

Whilst you struggled to read his emotions, there was one thing you were certain about with Toto, and those were his three rules.

NUMBER ONE:
"Never, ever lie because I will lose all respect."

It sounded simple and self explanatory, but there were things you didn't necessarily want to tell him outright. And, to be honest, it was a double standard he had created. But you knew how he felt about lying, and you didn't want to be the one to test out what exactly happened if you broke the rule.

And that brought you to the second rule

NUMBER TWO:
"Don't bullshit me."

You smiled, "I need a lanyard." you told a half-truth. Which technically doesn't make it bad considering you had the good intention of giving it to a friend. He wouldn't really miss one lanyard, especially if he got something out of it.

"What happened to yours?" He asks, rounding the table and opening his top drawer without looking.

The way he leans next to you, the close proximity setting off alarms inside your head whilst he got one out, putting it around your neck and using it to tug you forward.

He stopped, your chin against his chest, "Stop lying."

Crimson bloomed across your cheeks as his hand gripped one of your ass cheeks in his hand, gripping exceptionally hard as he pulled you close, the scent of alcohol on his breath mingling with the perfume you wore, "I said that I'd take a lanyard for Ryan." You lied again.

A harsh smack caused you to fall into Toto, his palm instantly soothing the skin from where he'd laid his hands on you. His breath was hot against your cheek whilst your bare ass was exposed to the office.

He took a deep inhale of your perfume, "I want to spend the rest of my life with you, but you have to tell the truth, Darling."

You pressed a kiss onto his jawline, eyes stinging whilst he massaged the pain away, "It's for Max." you purr between kisses, finally making your way back up to his lips as he takes you in his arms fully, crushing you as though you could slip away from him at any moment before welcoming you with a deep kiss.

It's filled with love as his hands press you to him, yours in his hair to ground yourself when the door swings open.

You don't have time to jump away from him; the damage having already been done as a furious blonde stands between you and the only way out of his office.

She storms towards you, throwing a paperweight in your direction whilst you make a blind fumble for the office door. If you sprint at your fastest, you can definitely get to the lobby and into the parking lot before she does.

"All those nights you've spent away, they've been with her!" She picks up the pot of pencils and launches them your way, the wooden vessel soaring past you and clattering into the window.

You use her distraction as a means to dart out of the office, leaving Toto behind whilst you stand in the open space of the lobby with not a clue of what to do next.

You don't have time to react, this time a "Worlds best boss" mug soars at you and crashes at your feet, fractures of ceramic slicing your skin.

His wife walks towards you, her blonde hair bouncing lightly as she crosses the room. Her hands are balled into fists at her side, and you can see the anger on her face as she nears you.

She raises her arm up, and brings her palm across your face in a hard slap, heat and embarrassment blooming across your otherwise flawless skin.

"You bitch!" She yells, and it's only now that Toto catches up to the two women in his life.

He bursts through the door, pinching his bloody nose as his open shirt billows out due to the pressure change with the door. Blood drips down his softly defined chest and pools in his belly button before meeting the waistband of his belt.

"Honey," He softly says and holds out his other hand to try and diffuse the situation.

Your eyes had watered from the slap, blurring the angry woman stood close to you just enough that you couldn't tell if she was looking at you.

From the closeness, you can tell that her and yourself are alike in your differences. She has nothing to lose after finding you and Toto making out in his office and you have nothing to lose.

She radiates pain and an excruciating scream that you can feel build up in her is just brewing to escape.

"In my defence," You started, holding your arms up and stepping away from the scorned woman, "I wanted to tell you since Silverstone," you informed her and took another step backwards until your back was flush against the fire escape door.

Her head snapped towards you, "Since Silverstone? You... I am going to kill you," she yelled and started storming towards you, "A bloody nose will be the least of his worries when I leave your corpse on his desk."

You can tell she is being creative with her insults, "I guess he wanted the newer model," you bit back, pressing down on the door and hoping that it wouldn't be locked.

Instead you met resistance, Toto's wife pinning you between sweet escape and your lover. "You'll regret ever putting a hand on him." She yelled, turning back to Toto, "I don't expect you home for a while."

She turned away from you both and stormed out, leaving Toto's nose bleeding and your eyes watering.