00 | part 2 teaser

I know the end.

It doesn't greet you with a kiss, it slams into you and leaves you without breath, without hope. The accident took his life away, though not literally, he's no longer the same man I grew to know.

A part of Joe died in that house, as the flames devoured pictures and fragmented memories from our house, it deformed him as it did with I. An inferno that never stopped.

I saw the end, and I didn't see Joe.

In the end, I saw him.

———

We come to you with breaking news, a house fire in Woking has caused serious injury to two involved parties; believed to be the occupants. Locals are saying the key strategist of George Russell, Mercedes-AMG's Formula One driver, has been severely injured in the fire.

Police officials have called it a deliberate act, made in desperation. One man is under police supervision whilst in hospital. There is no risk to the public at this time.

———

The house fire didn't kill anyone, that much you knew. But neither of you were the same after it. In fact, Joe was a shell of the man he once was, and you found yourself longing for a new life, away from Joe but taking your daughter with you.

You missed Brackley, you missed working in the illustrious world of Formula One. Sure, the global travel made it impossible with a toddler, but you needed something more than being a housewife. You needed an escape, and this could be exactly the thing you longed for.

So, when Christian Horner reached out to you, offering you a way back into the sport you loved, you couldn't say no.