22: The Red Bulls

The heat over Silverstone was near unbearable, the track being doused in this awful dust that filled your lungs to the point of having to heave for breath if you exerted yourself too much.

You made your way down the paddock, weaving in and out of the Sky Sports F1 cameras, and you walked straight past the bullpen, completely ignoring Toto and Christian who were both getting interviewed about the sprint race format.

"Hey!" Lewis called out, his hand wrapping around your elbow and turning you around so that you could face him, "I've looked everywhere for you," his voice was strained, he was completely spent and decided to spend that time coming to find you for a chat.

You blushed, "Almost everywhere," you wanted to find Ryan and tell her the somewhat good news but struggled to see her behind Lewis.

His dark eyes glowed a warm brown as he stood making polite conversation with you and he told you how many times about him wanting to thank you for helping him in the sprint race, but you couldn't accept his apology, and you couldn't tell him that you were peeing on a pregnancy test rather than being with him in the Garage, so you excused yourself, catching up to Ryan and Daniel who were holding hands throughout the paddock.

"I didn't know you two were dating," You chimed, stepping in between their interlocked hands.

Daniel chuckled, "Right," he joked.

"Well, in my defence you guys weren't being very subtle about it," you held both your hands up and laughed alongside your friend and her boyfriend.

You could hear Toto calling your name, falling into a light jog to meet your pace and catch up with you and the two other drivers.

"I'll leave you both," you said and dropped back for the Austrian in pursuit of you. His eyes searched your face for any tell of what you knew.

He wouldn't let you speak in public and so pulled you just to the side of the traffic, leaning backwards so his pelvis was jut out. His shoulders slouched and he looked fully relaxed stood before you. No stress.

For a moment, all you could hear was the peaceful buzz of staff speeding past you before making their way to the car park to go home, and then Toto spoke, his voice deep, "So..?"

"I don't think I am," you said with a smile, a flash of disappointment marrying his face before disappearing almost instantly.

All he managed to reply was an 'oh' before he reached into his bag and pulled out a foldable electric scooter, "I got you this," he handed it across to you, "First off the line,"

The black box of the Mercedes electric scooter reflected your shocked face and you freed it from its packaging. The phone in your pocket pinged with incoming text messages from Ryan and Liam alike.

"You can answer that," he told you, pulling his phone out of his pocket to check his own notifications whilst you started to read the texts from Ryan.

Have you checked SkySports? They've posted about you.

Holy shit, it's not good.

Come find me.

I'm worries, call me back.

You clicked the link she shared and saw a photo of you in Toto's car kissing him, captioned, "The Wolff's new mate," the caption making you cringe and panic as he found out the news too.

It was as though your entire world crashed down around you, though you hadn't been named or properly photographed in the report, most people would be able to piece it all together. And you didn't want to know what that meant for Toto's family situation. Hell, did he even love you.