Everything is same

Nothing has changed , not even a bit. Everyone is asleep right now. The road, the birds, the sky is black and lifeless giving his best for a peaceful sleep.

Every soul has slept except one.

The clock showed 2:06 and he was standing at the balcony again.
He is too poor to get an armchair to sit but he is fine. He is used to standing the whole night since 5 years and intently staring at the moon. He never even blinked, he never dares to blink even once.

What if he closed his eyes for a second and what if he loses the chance to see him ?
The balcony is so small that he is sure if any voice calls out his name he would be able to listen clearly.

He has been waiting for that voice for 5 years. Just the clock hits  2:06 he stands at the edge of balcony staring at the moon just in search for a familiar face , just once, his ears are yearning to hear just one voice, just once.... since 5 years.

And yes he doesn't forget to rush to bed in the morning and cover himself with the duvet acting like he slept the whole night , the moment he hears his name called out by his mom.

"Winn...." Though she knows her son was up the whole night just like he is since these years, she doesn't say anything as it's of no use. She knows her son was standing for many hours on his feet but she cannot ask him if his legs pain.
She knows her son cries silently sometime holding a white dead rose  but she never dares to ask if his swollen eyes hurt. She knows the reason of the pain of her son but she can't take that away.

Because somewhere she knows she is one of the reason too.

She knocks the door few times and when she hears the creaking sound of the bed such that someone jumped on it hurriedly, she sighs and slowly enters holding  a tray of breakfast.

Her hand trembles when her steps slowly approach towards that innocent suffering beauty under the duvet. She is scared again that she has to take that name again. Her son is too stubborn. She knows very well her son won't take a bite unless she convinces him with that name.

The name the Win's family won't forget. The name which is engraved on Win's heart. The name which has possessed him such that he has quitted smiling, forgot the happiness of his family, forgot his responsibilities. He has been homeschooled since 5 months since the school can't take anymore the risk whenever Win tries to stand on the edge bar of the terrace or locks himself in a quiet storeroom of a creepy hallway.

Win has quitted living his life .