Case Day

Trigger Warning: Talks about Sexual Assault and Suicide

Spencer's POV:

As I went through the doors of the BAU I saw the team there, Hotch was just leaving his office and going to the round table, Derek met Hotch on his way to the round table, Jason was on his way to one of his classes to teach, and Karina was walking from the coffee counter, but she stopped when she saw me. She walked over to me and all I could think of was how beautiful she looked with her long blond hair in a high ponytail, her perfectly white smile, her eyes pulling me in every time I saw her. But what she was wearing was showing that she's still young, but that she's also mature. She was wearing black high-top converse, black distressed jeans, and a dark blue short-sleeved shirt that was tucked in her pants. she was also wearing gold jewelry like the necklace that she wore on our first date, five rings on her hands(three on the left and two on the right), two bracelets(both on the right wrist), a watch(on left wrist), and seven earrings(three on left ear and four on the right). I was in a trance while I was looking at her and I didn't notice she was talking to me.

"Hey Spence -uh- Spencer, earth to Spencer Reid are you in there.", she said while waving her hands in my face.

"Oh um Hi, sorry" I could feel my face turning red

"It's okay, but what was Dr. Spencer Reid thinking about?"

About how beautiful you are. "Oh just trying to think about - uh - what the case is about " oh yeah and if you do love me. No, don't bring it right now.

"Oh well, I think it's a good idea that we head over to the round table and we should do that now before Hotch starts to yell" I nodded and we walked to the round table, as we were walking she gave me a cup of hot coffee and she told me,

"Don't worry, I put five sugars in there for you " she smiled which made me smile

As we got to the round table we saw Hotch and Derek talking. Derek lookup saw Karina and me next to each other and said

"Hey love birds"

I turned into a deeper shade of red and looked over at Karina. She was giving Derek an annoyed look. We sat down next to each other and Hotch started to review the case for all of us. The case was three women were sexually assaulted and murdered in their own home, each one of them had bruising on their wrists, ankles, and around their throats, and had burn marks on their abdomen. I looked over at Karina and I saw that she was in deep thought and had fear written all over her face. I gave a look to Derek and he tapped her on the shoulder and rubbed her back, but she didn't budge. I tried and she finally got out of her thoughts and ran out of the room Derek and I followed her. She didn't talk for a while until we got in the car then she decided to tell me why she freaked out.

~~~~

Karina's POV

I was in the car with Spencer on our way to the plane. Spencer kept on looking at me to make sure that I was okay and was waiting for me to talk as well; after a while, I finally talked to Spencer and told him why I reacted the way I did.

"Spencer, the reason why I reacted like that was that last year, one of my nephew's friends had fallen into the pool while he was drunk. I jumped in to save him and took him to his room, and he -uh- he" I was trying not to cry, but I did. Spencer held my hand to make sure I was okay and said

"You don't have to say anything Karina I understand what happened"

I replied "NO, no he tried to, but he didn't because I fought my way out of the situation. But I chose not to tell anybody. "

"I was too scary to tell, but because of me not telling anybody about him two of my friends were sexually assaulted and one of them committed suicide", and I broke into tears again, and we had finally got to the airstrip and he gave me a hug and told me