𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

the fact that i'm on the last episode makes me sad:(

chapter thirty-five
home sweet home prt 1

•+•+•+•+

the idea of having to see her parents for the first time in three days had hannah's anxiety at an all time high the entire twenty minute drive to figure eight.

her hands gripped the steering wheel so hard that her knuckles had gone pale, bottom lip drawn between her teeth, and she was currently doing seventy in a forty five miles per hour speed limit.

"banana, we'll never make it to your place if we're dead okay? slow down a little." kiara spoke from the backseat with big eyes and a frightened expression on her face.

not realizing how fast she was going, hannah took her foot off the gas with a shrug.

"sorry." she apologized putting a hand up in surrender while sighing.

"leave my baby alone, kie. no one likes a backseat driver." jj defends his girl making kie roll her eyes.

hannah glanced at him for a second to send him a small smile which he returned taking her right hand in his left noticing how badly she was shaking.

"it's okay. you're okay." he assures her kissing the bruises that were forming on her knuckles while running his thumb over the back of her hand, knowing that usually helps calm her nerves.

his words of assurance made the girl a tad less anxious until they pulled into her neighborhood seeing the driveway crowded with police cars.

"what the fuck? why are the cops here?" her best friend asks the two of them like they had an answer themselves. "what do they want?"

"isn't it obvious? they're looking for john b and they must think she or her parents know where he is." jj comments with anger laced present in his voice referring to his girlfriend.

whatever zen hannah had left went right out the window feeling her chest tighten and a muscle in her jaw twitched at the sight.

"han, you good?" kie questions seeing the look on her face while placing a hand on her shoulder.

she says nothing, taking the keys out of the ignition hopping out of the car and beginning to walk towards her house.

"jj, maybe you should—" kiara began getting cut off by jj who was already way ahead of her climbing out of his seat, "yeah, i know."