𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱.

chapter thirty-sixhome sweet home prt 2

chapter thirty-six
home sweet home prt 2

•+•+•+•+

the last thing hannah wanted to do after the impromptu home visit she had to endure was another impromptu home visit to her boyfriend's house less than twenty minutes later.

so when her jeep came to a steady halt in front of the maybank residence hannah felt a heavy weight on her heart as she thought of all the pain and suffering that happened inside of it.

"home sweet home." jj says bitterly, tears already flooding his eyes as he stares at the aging beach shack he was forced to call home.

hannah frowns seeing his glossy eyes taking one of his hands into her own and running her thumb across the back of it to soothe his nerves.

she wanted nothing more than to tell him he didnt have to do this.

in fact, the entire ride there she practically begged him to change his mind but it was a lost cause.

like his girlfriend, when his mind was set on something there was nothing that anyone could do or say that would change it.

"do you want us to come?" kie asks from the backseat placing her hand on his shoulder comfortingly. "cause we'll come."

"you know you don't have to do this alone right? i can come with you." hannah adds but jj was quick to shut down both their offers.

"nah, it's okay baby. this will only take a second." he told her stepping out of the car and walking away.

a few seconds later jj heard the sound of a car door slamming a few feet behind him making the boy turn around seeing his girlfriend had followed him.

"what the hell, hannah? what are you doing?"

"you deadass thought i was gonna let you go in there alone? i'm coming with you." hannah declares with shrug.

"um, no you're not."

"um, yes i am."

"hannah, i'm not playing with you. go wait in the car with kie." jj objects with a firm tone in his voice. "i gotta do this alone."

"look i don't really care if you're pissed at me or whatever but you're not going in that house by yourself so i'm coming. end of story." she replies nonchalantly, crossing her arms over her chest.