It's Only Noon? I've Lost My Sense of Time

Day 1 Noon

DREAM (Hm...? What's that?)

SAM Quit wit' the stupid jokes, you!!

JSHLATT The biggest joke around here's your name!

DREAM (Sam and JShlatt are arguing... I wonder what happened?)

Sam and JShlatt are having a dispute in the middle of the lobby.

SAM Dammit...!! You gotta be screwin' with me!!

DREAM Sam, what's the matter?

SAM Sara! This JShlatt guy just said we can't go back to the first and second floors!

JSHLATT I mean, you cleared 'em already, right?

DREAM Hold on a second...! Quackity's laptop is down there!

JSHLATT Who caaares. We'll confiscate that thing!

DREAM No way...!

SAM Dammit! It was unmistakably a clue...! / That laptop's the last thing I wanna let you guys take!!

PUNZ ...Sheesh.

DREAM Punz...

PUNZ Bet Sam wants to find the truth about Quackity.

DREAM About Quackity...?

PUNZ What a troublesome guy... leaving mystery after mystery.

DREAM ... I wonder if Quackity was a good person after all...

PUNZ ...Some aspects suggested it. His anger for the victims, and resistance against the kidnappers... Was Quackity acting for good or for evil? / Just whose side was he on...?

DREAM ...And we ended up making Quackity a victim without knowing anything about him...

PUNZ .......... / But we can make inferences.

DREAM Inferences...?

PUNZ Friend or foe... Let's consider the possibilities. / First, Quackity confessed to having some contact with the kidnappers. / So one possibility is that Quackity was with the baddies. / Like the director of the Death Game, for instance.

DREAM Yet, Quackity drew the Sage card and died... / In his last moments... He said he entrusted me with his hopes. I can't imagine him as an enemy.

PUNZ Incidentally, Dream... You really didn't have any acquaintance with Quackity?

DREAM No...

PUNZ ...Huh. / Then how about this one? / Something like... Quackity betrayed the kidnappers.

DREAM And he was executed as an example...?

PUNZ He did sock Wilbur, after all.

DREAM Hmm... It's possible he earned their wrath, but...

PUNZ Maybe that's not it... Then here's the next possibility. / Quackity was on our side, but had some sort of communication with the kidnappers. / Though in the same situation as all of us... He did dealings or missions in the shadows.

DREAM Missions...? Like what?

PUNZ You remember the First Trial everyone took, right?

DREAM Yes, that game where I was tied to a bed... and we had to find the key...

PUNZ It wasn't the same for everybody. / ...Didn't Sam say so?

DREAM Err... Yes, for Sam, the trial was just... to carry the box with Wilbur's head... / Ah...! Is that what you mean by missions?