Chapter 10

We all sat down at the dining table, i sat across Heeseung, as sunoo sat beside me along with auntie.

My mind was clouded with thoughts from earlier.

***

"Minji....." A soft female voice called my name, i had mixed emotions going on. Sunoo left saying he'll help his dad fix the table, which leaves me and her.

She came closer to me, holding my cheek. I quickly move her hand saying "please don't touch me" i tried to stay calm, I'm not angry or anything I just don't want my hopes go up.

"Minji.... I promise we'll start over, i promis-"

"Don't get my hopes high please, promises are always meant to be broke" i stared at the wall not wanting to face her.

I don't know what to feel right now, I'm confuse what should i do. " I'm sorry minji, I'll do whatever it takes for you to feel safe with me...." She said calmly, heading outside the room.

"Dinner is almost ready, get down stairs"

***

"Minji? Minji? Minji!"

I snapped out to reality, was i zoning out? I looked at mister Kim. He was holding a pot.

"Are you okay? I've been calling you 6 times already" everyone looked at me, "s-sorry" i mumbled out.

Mister kim passed the pot to auntie, as it goes all around the table for us to get our own food. By the looks of it, it was beef stew. One of my favorites.

"So do you kids have any plans for tomorrow?" Auntie Heekyung said as i munch a spoonful of rice. "Me and minji will spend time exploring busan, wanna come sunoo?" Heeseung said, we all looked at sunoo

"I can't, i have to finish the requirements and reports for school" he pouted, i chuckled and patted his back. "It's okay, when i first came into the university, I won't leave the library for hours" we all giggled.

"Heeseung i heard, it's your last year at college?" Mom asked, "Sunoo said you're very popular" she added

"Ah ye, everything is getting more challenging than usual but i still managed to survive" he replied being proud of himself.

"You guys must be dating" i choked on my food coughing a little, I gave auntie minsoo a what the heck face as she laughs.

"N-no ma'am we aren't, we're just friends haha" Heeseung said scratching his neck.

"Ye We're just friends haha" i replied awkwardly

We all continued to eat, along with some small conversation.

***

So basically i insisted that I'd do the dishes, then there's Heeseung who did the same. Me and Heeseung we're facing backwards, as i wipe the table and he collects the dishes.

"I noticed you had a bandage on your finger", i looked at my index finger i totally forgot about it. Well it doesn't hurt anymore tho.

"I accidentally cut myself from a can" i replied as he nods.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah"

"Does it hurt?"

"No, not really"

...

"So your sleeping In sunoo's room?"

"Yep" i don't know why but our conversation is dry today, is it because of earlier? Damn, auntie really had to say that