"Reflection"

Chapter Ten

"Reflection"

"Hello?" Taehyung asked as he picked up his phone.

"Hi, love!!" Taehyung smiled as he can hear the excitement in Jimin's voice.

"Sooooo, I was thinking of inviting Hoseok hyung and Namjoon hyung to dinner is that okay?"

Taehyung's smile slowly disappeared, "Tonight?"

"Yep!" Jimin chirped happily.

Taehyung closed his eyes before wiping his face with his hand. "Ah, sure love."

"Okay! See you later!" Jimin said, "Oh and I love you."

At the sudden phrase, Taehyung felt relaxed, "I love you too baby."

He heard Jimin giggle before turning off the call. Taehyung ran his hand through his hair before looking at his phone. He looked at 'Alien Guy' in his phone book. His thumb hovered above the call option, quite hesitant before proceeding to call. Shit.

"Hey." He started, he sat down on the couch trying to be comfortable in a way. "I need help."

"Why weren't you replying to my messages?!" The other person in the line asked with annoyance.

Taehyung pressed his lips together, gathering his thoughts before responding. "I was preoccupied."

"Ha. How preoccupied could you have been to just ignore me?!"

"You said that I should do my best to take care of Jimin, I'm doing exactly that so stop raising your voice at me!" Taehyung reprimanded as he stood up.

The other person in the line merely sighed. "As long as he's okay. I'm just frustrated."

"No shit. Anyway, how's work?"

"Hell! I can't understand almost all this business stuff. Thank God you have Yoongi hyung to help me here or else I would've fled." Taehyung can hear how troubled and stressed the other was.

"I guess there's nothing to worry about. Remember, we can't ruin each other's lives. Just need to pretend you know what you're doing and let yoongi hyung do the rest." He advised.

"Yeah-yeah that's not hard to do but it's still complicated." The other exasperated.

"Being a CEO isn't that complicated."

"Well duh, because you were born to be one. Not me." The other whined, sighing loudly. "I miss Jimin. Hey, you think I can meet him even if it's brief--"

He felt a sudden thug in his heart. If their secret gets exposed and there's a chance of losing Jimin, it scared him to the core. "Not a chance. Just like we had previously agreed upon. We need to live each other's lives normally. Eventually, we can go back to who we were before we just need to figure out the reason why..."

"Okay-Okay--" He grumbled in defeat.

"Oh, and I'll be meeting Ji-won."

"What did Jimin say?"

"Huh? You mean how he reacted?" Taehyung wondered, "Well, he said it's fine... but not to me. Oh, and we'll be meeting Namjoon tonight. I have no idea how to talk to the guy."

"Namjoon is a pretty chill guy. Just act like your usual self but be more cheerful." The other paused before asking, "You were cheerful with Jimin right?"

"Not really. I don't know--" He was just spontaneous to Jimin.

"Ah... Don't act suspiciously. Jimin is smart you know. Anyways, things to know about Namjoon, he likes to talk about bears and cute animals. He's an endearing kind of person. He doesn't usually ask anything it's mostly me who will start a topic. But if he ever asks you and you have no idea what he is talking about you can always reason it's because of the accident." The other explained.

He nodded despite not seeing the other in person. He wants to ask something, but he feels like he is intruding too much.

"Uh... Taehyung..."

"What?" The other asked.

"After all of this, do you plan on continuing your relationship with...Jimin?"

"I thought of it, for the past weeks. Jimin was the only person keeping me sane. I realized how much I love him. so yes. Oh, and you can't touch him alright? Just play along with what I told you. Pretend you're new to everything you'd do. I know it might be weird or it might hurt Jimin a bit but try to distance yourself from him even if just a little. Got it, Jungkook?"

Hearing his name felt like he was being pulled out of harsh reality. He kissed Jimin. He went over his boundaries. "Sure..." He answered in a low tone.

"I'll update you if Yoongi hyung has info about our situation. I think it will make sense soon...hopefully."

"Okay. Good." Taehyung brought his phone down. Eyes staring at the floor absentmindedly. For some reason, he was conflicted with his emotions. He looked at the window and he can see his reflection, for a second, he thought he saw himself. His real self.

And he silently wished that Jimin can see and love him for who he was. A man named Jeon Jungkook. And he knows for a fact that that will never happen.

Once they find a solution to their problem, he and the real Taehyung agreed to never cross paths again and just pretend this never occurred.

His heart is aching.

When that time comes and he wakes up in his real body, can he truly pretend he never met Jimin? Can he go on with his life as if the love he has for Jimin never existed?

It's like he never existed in Jimin's thoughts. And no matter what he says or how he acts, all Jimin will ever see is the man reflected in the mirror.

He looked away from his reflection, shaking his head lightly. "Forget it. Forget your feelings damn it." He reprimanded himself.

---