Chapter 30

Adrian Ivashkov

From where I stood, I could see as the three of them let down all their walls and Vladimir, if I thought on their own Rose and Dmitri's souls were meant for one another, Vladimir was I wrong. The three of them together were perfect. Their souls entwined and danced around one another pulling each closer until all three hovered over Rose who's aura seemed to have suffered without the love of the other two. Yeva stood at the doorway, her cane tapping on the floor. Dmitri's family huddled around me, their eyes wide with shock, but all the women had smiles of relief.

"Kak raz vovremya. YA dumal, chto moya vnuchka budet moyego vozrasta k tomu vremeni, kogda vy dvoye vyrastite grebanyy nabor i poprosite serdtse moyego tsvetka."

There were three startled gasps as the trio turned around to stare at Yeva who smiled like a Chesire Cat. Rose had to be the only one who could be considered amused, even the slightest. Her brow rose as she tilted her head and pushed past the two men, stopping to stand in front of Yeva.

"You are to call me Babushka from now on my Ангел."

Rose smiled and nodded, leaning down to hug the woman. "Spasibo Babushka." Yeva laughed and left the three of them follow her as she re-joined the rest of us. Rose was quick to flip me the bird before I could snicker, leaving me gasping and clutching my chest, I mocked her insult.

"Lil Dhampir, what did I do to deserve that?"

She narrowed her eyes at me before flipping her hair and rolling her eyes. "Pre-emptive strike."

Her comment had everyone laughing, as we got ourselves comfortable. Olena sat next her mother and turned to Rose smiling. "Roza, please do tell us why Zmey asked for us to be here?"

Rose laughed along with Ivan and Dmitri. "My Baba asked you to be here for the coronation of the new Queen."

At the mention of Baba, the youngest of Cradle Robber's siblings froze, her eyes wide with shock. "You are Zmey's daughter?" She screeched. Starting to hyperventilate she paced the room, something that seemed to be the norm for women. "Zmey is going to kill me, I insulted his daughter."

Rose sighed and stood in front of the pacing woman. "Viki, he isn't going to do anything. He already knew about our fight, after all he was who got rid of Rolan for your family."

Olena hummed as she watched the two of them. "I can see the family resemblance now. You are literally a mini him. Attitude and all, especially the hair."

Rose winked at Olena before pushing Viki towards her mother, then turned to join Dmitri and Ivan. I really had to stop calling him Cradle-Robber as he was one of the to-be Queen's lovers, and truly did care for my cousin. One of the sisters- Sonja, if my memory was correct, sat up and asked the next question. "Who is the new Queen? I thought Tatiana was still alive. Is it going to be your friend, Vasilisa?"

Rose shook her head but before she could answer Ivan interrupted by kneeling on the floor. "Oh, our Queen, how are we worthy of you?" His antics had Rose, Dmitri, and me in stitches while the rest of our room sat there gobsmacked, their jaws hanging. All except for Yeva who was chuckling to herself. I remembered what Rose said about the grandmother, "Yeva, she is an old bat, a crazy witch, but still... even though she seemed to hate me, I liked her, you know."

Sonja and Karolina were the first to recover. "Is he serious? You are the Queen?" Then they froze and looked at Ivan, their eyes closing till they were nothing but slits. "I know Dimka was reverted back, but who brought you back?" Sonja once again asked.

Ivan pointed to Rose who had by then shuffled till she was basically hiding behind Dmitri, her eyes filled with tears as the two older sisters snorted, both muttering, "Yeah right, don't lie."