Chapter 35

Dmitri Belikov

As the saying goes, all was good until it wasn't. The party went well into the night; people were letting loose to the beat and drinks. It was overall a great time, but as all good things must come to an end, the party turned into a chaotic battlefield.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Eight Hours Earlier

I stood in the middle of the combined embrace of the two people who meant everything to me when suddenly; out of nowhere Roza stiffened, the power suddenly cutting out resulting in her eyes glowing in the dark room. There were gasps and whimpers as many of those who had never seen the gruesome sight of a battlefield, huddled together, in fear of the unknown.

I sighed as I looked around. All the Guardians had left the walls and alcoves and made their descend to where the majority of the party-goers were migrated. Said party-goers all stopped and huddled together, their eyes wide with fear. Roza left my side and told everyone to stay calm, her voice held no hesitance or fright as she took control of the situation like the Queen she was meant to be.

Leaving the safety of the Hall, Ivan and I followed her as well as many of our friends and the Guardians. Outside, the wind was roaring with fury as it attempted to wipe away our existance. Standing on the otherside of the wards that were no longer there was a large black mass. A loud snarl left Roza's lips as she whispered, "Victor!"

I watched as the black mass shifted and separated until we could finally see him. Victor stood in front of hundreds of Strigoi and humans. I had honestly thought the old fool would have died after Roza found out how to bring back a Strigoi, after all there was only so much healing could accomplish.

"Victor! I see you made it to the coronation after all." Roza smiled as she watched a slight sneer appear on the elderly man's face.

"Always the Comedian Rosemarie. Yes I did make it in time for my coronation. Stupid little girl, you truely believe that you could take my throne? My birthright?" He snarled, as he took several steps forward.

I finally saw his red eyes. He had turned, it was nothing that I didn't expect. He was dying afterall, even though his brother had managed to heal him, as I said before, healing was only temporary in the end.

"You will all fall. I was supposed to be King! Me, not this pathetic blood whore." Victor screamed pointing at Rose who stood proud and tall. Her hair whipped in the wind as her elements grew to protect their host. Around them all, the snarls and yelling of those who were loyal to life and Rose sounded, deafening all that were there.

Rose scoffed walking forward, "Do you realise that by siding with our enemy, hell even becoming one, ruined your chances?" Her voice carried over the field, where those who hiding in the Court could most liking hear her. "You chose this path even before I was born, so how was it my fault? Pray do tell?"

Victor huffed, "The day you were born, I knew thanks to a seer that all of my preparation was ruined! You will regret that day!"

Rose laughed, her lips curling up into a sadistic smile as she walked forward. Stopping mere metres in front of the deranged Strigoi, she raised her hands around her. "Really? You thought because a Seer told you so, that it was going to happen? A seer once told me I would lose the love of my life forever. Well, do correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe Guardian Dmitri Belikov is alive, and back to being a dhampir."

Everyone was silent as they turned to stare at me. I in return smirked and waved, a sense of cheekiness filling me. Ivan beside me chuckled while I could hear my mother and Babushka scolding me. Suddenly Rose attacked Victor, kicking him with her leg, which sent him flying, but he managed to land back down and ordered his Strigoi guards to take hold of Rose. "Take her away. She will serve well as my Queen, willing or not!"