Better or worse <3

Billie and I sat on the dock on the beach, legs dangling over the water as we looked over at nothing.

Sometimes our shoes could touch the water, other days the tide was out. Today the water hadn't rises much, so my converse could just skim the surface.

"How do you feel?" Billie whispered over to me, today's visit to the beach an attempt to lift up my spirits.

He knew just how much I loved the beach at night. So I'd been dragged here in hopes maybe I'd feel better. And I guess I did.

There was a certain peace inside I could find from staring over at... well at nothing.

"Confused," Was my answer. "I don't know what's going on with my life anymore. Everything's changing,"

"Do you think you're changing?"

"I don't know..." I muttered, looking down at my knees. "Do you think I am?" Then once over at him.

He looked at me taken back. "Do I think?"

"Yeah... y'know... do I seem to of changed,"

"You still seem like the same girl I met in seventh grade, If that helps you?"

"I don't know," My exhale in the air was a cloud of vapour, dissolving into the sky before me. "Maybe that's the problem?"

"What?"

"That everything's changing and I'm staying the same,"

Billie didn't reply. Instead he budged over closer to me, his shoulder now rubbing up against mine as he sunk down to his bad posture once again. "Don't be too hard on yourself, It's hard to stay the same in a world that's always changing,"

Maybe Billie had a point. I mean- he always did. But could I believe him this time around?

I wasn't that confident I could. And to be honest, I wasn't that confident in anything anymore.

"C'mon," He hummed nudging me in my shoulder gently again. "Things'll get better,"

Maybe they would, or maybe they'd get worse.

But there was no denying I had all I needed even right here.

The sea, the air-

"You listening?" he asked me.

-and of course Billie Joe.

"You're right," I smiled finally, even if he wasn't right. He liked to hear it anyway. "They will,"

I felt an arm comfortably drape around me, resting on my two shoulders as he pulled me in colder than I was before. "I got ya,"

There was one thing for certain. I couldn't push Billie Joe away. Or try to pretend like I wasn't feeling the way I was.

He was the only one who knows me fully. My soul, story, heart, me. He knew it all.

I use to think it was bad.

"Thanks Billie Joe,"

But I guess he saves me in moments like these from downing in my own sea of fear.