Bright hair <3

A/N: this one's for all my bright haired girlies (including myself)

ENJOY

As I sat there, getting lost in my own thoughts whilst writing scribbles at the back of my maths book. I couldn't help but hear all the chatter of the class play in through my hears.

The girls gossiping, boys talking about the latest football game, laughing and giggling, shouting and taunting. Sometimes I assume my maths teacher must be half deaf.

I let their conversations pass through my mind, up until I heard my name being mentioned, seeming to drag me back into reality.

"Y/n's dyed her hair," Tre's nasally voice pointed out from the back of the room. A low hush tone, which my guess was he was speaking to his only two friends in the class: Mike and Billie.

I didn't bother to turn around, rolling my eyes instinctively. I let the comment pass through my mind continuing with my doodles.

"So what?" Billie's tone came in defensive, not as quiet as Tre's was. "I think it looks cool,"

Let me point out. I've never really spoken to the trio. Although I went through elementary with Mike and Billie. We never really spoke too much. When Highschool rolled around I hardly gave the two a second glance, the same with the new third member they found here a few years ago.

Why had I came up in their talk, I was left with no answers. Not to mention why Billie sounded so hostile when replying to Tre.

There was a stutter for words out Tres mouth. I placed my pen down waiting to hear Tre's next sentence.

"Well- I- I mean- well- I never said there was anything wrong with it," He mumbled back.

Mikes voice joined in now on the conversation. "Billie likes y/n's hair," He chimed, whispering over in a taunting tone aimed at Billie.

I could feel my heart in my chest. Why was I the topic of conversation? And why did Billie involuntarily defending me?

Billies voice didn't sound to provoked at Mikes tease. "Yeah, I do," He agreed. "I think the blues cool,"

Although there was other chatter among everyone else in the class. I tried my hardest to keep my focus directed on their specific conversation. Staring at nothing as I listened closely.

"Maybe you should dye your hair blue too," Tre quipped quickly.

I felt myself my face twitch slightly whilst listening.

"Psh- yeah right," Billie sniggered. For a second, I felt myself hold my breath. Before his next sentence rang through. "I couldn't pull blue off that well,"

That well?

"Y'know, I always saw y/n as being a girl who has bright dyed hair," Mike added.

What was that suppose to mean?

Billies voice replied, the defensiveness clawing through his tone one more time. "What's that suppose to mean?"

It was as if he'd read my mind. Quite frankly it freaked me out a little bit. It almost felt like their was an echo in the room.

"Nothing bad," Mike quickly pointed out. "I don't know... she just seems like she would have dyed hair,"

"I don't see it," Tre disagreed.

I could only guess right behind my head they were all staring at my hair.

"Shut up Tre," Billie's voice didn't sound angry. Merely a little pissed off. Before he let out a chuckle. "Don't be jealous because you're not the only one now with bright hair in the room,"

Mike seemed to Holler at Billies remark. Catching the teachers attention from the front of the room behind her desk.

She coughed loudly. "Ehem! Micheal?"

Everyone's heads seemed to turn. I took it too as an excuse to look at the trio.

Tre sat with his arms crossed, the fading expression of sulking seemed to be falling off his face as Mike was being scolded.

Mikes eyes were infront at the teacher, his face looked tired of having to endure another telling off.

But Billie. Billie was looking back at me.

"Yes?" Mike breathed out.

I narrowed my eyes back over to Mike. Hearing the teacher reply. "Can we keep it down back there?"

All day I couldn't stop thinking about it. All day. Which was weird because I never gave any of those three fuckers a second thought. But yet it was mostly Billie Joe who was stirring through my mind.

And I couldn't help it. In my head all day, the thought of him lingered at the back.

Whatever had happened. This one giddy part of me kept reminding myself:
'He likes your hair.'