not a confession <3

"I love you- I swear I do!" He tried to admit, but I just wouldn't let him finish.

A hand on his shoulder, I tried to lead him out the room. "You're just drunk Billie Joe,"

"But I know what I'm saying-" He moved back his shoulder from my hand. "I mean it,"

"You don't. You don't love me you're just drunk and confused,"

"But I do!" His eyes looked so hazy. From drinking or something else I didn't know. But the bags under his eyes sure did say for him he was the human perception of insomnia.

"I think it's time for someone to get some sleep,"

This wasn't me rejecting him. I'd had feelings for Billie since we knew one another. I was drawn to him like a moth to a flame and memorised by everything he did. Most literally everything. Even the way he was talking nonsense now. I couldn't reject him even if I wanted to,  but this wasn't a rejection.

Because this-

"-Why don't you believe that I could love you?"-

-Wasn't a confession.

"Alright Billie," I sighed, trying to reason. "Maybe you drank too much to think you love me, but you'll know better in the morning,"

"I didn't drink too much to think I love you?" He repeated confused, nose scrunching up slightly. "I drank too much because I love you!"

Or maybe it was.

"But... why would you do that?"

"Because it's soul crushing to act like I don't- I've gotta keep all these feelings inside of me why else?"