Rejection <3

A/N: So here's one that's gonna hurt :D IM SORRY, I PROMISE MY NEXT ONE SHOTS WILL BE A NICE KIND RELATIONSHIP ONE. This ones been sitting in the drafts for a while and although it's short I thought I'd post it anyway

so here's this, point of view: Billie Joes rejecting you

AND AGAIN, I AM SORRY. 

"Billie I love you. You're the only thing I care about and I can't care about anyone else. You're all I want you're all I need but you don't want me,"

He looked so guilty. Guilty that I was right. It burnt through his eyes as he looked at me, but he only ever told anything but the blunt, rough, ugly truth. "I'm sorry y/n, it's just- I'm not over this. And I don't think I wanna be yet,"

I was sticking my neck out for this guy, going out on a limb spilling out my guts and my love like it wasn't absolutely ripping out my insides.

And it wouldn't of maybe of been so bad if he cared. 

"But I can be there for you? I'll be there whenever you need me- What is it I'm missing?"

"It's not that I don't admire you and think you're a great person. Because I do, you're always gonna be my best friend and this won't change anything but-"

"-Billie, that's not what I asked," I sighed pitifully. 

"You're just-" The pure. Ugly. Raw truth. "-You're not her Y/n,"

Words hit harder than knives sometimes. Way harder. His words spewed out his mouth coming for me like harpoons. I felt the feeling of my body giving up in disappointment, rejection and humility. And in my chest, this tight wrenching feeling began to drag my attention. I felt it in my chest. It 'broke' my heart so much, my stomach began to churn. I felt floaty, yet so heavy.

This was a love beyond emotional hurt. It hurt physically now. So, so bad.

"You're right." I mumbled after a moment, looking back at him. At those guilty eyes. "I'm not. I'm me. I'm y/n and that's all I can be. It's all I am. I'm me and that's all I can give you," My words began thick near the end, as my voice hoarded on my last final sentence. "So you either take it or leave it."

Whatever his answer was, I realised in the moment of his hesitation and silence it couldn't have been good. I'd already found my own answer in his silence. And it wasn't kind.

"Actually, don't answer that. I don't wanna know,"