Chapter 1: Later Down The Road

Okay, So the story takes place 3 years later. Making it present day 2013. So Yeah, just so you know. and if you are reading this, please comment, so i mnow im not just talking to myself like a creeper? Thanks

_______________________________________________________________________

The World Is Ugly

P.O.V- Janelle- I sat at the table in Starbucks, typing away in my laptop. Since I had awoken from that coma 3 years ago, my writing career had taken off. I write fiction, and sometimes a review here and there.

I never told anyone about that crazy ass coma dream I had, I found keeping it to myself was the best way. No, I never went after the guys either. I felt that it was much better just to stay away.

I shut my computer, after saving my work, and along with grabbing my coffee, scooted out of the booth, and headed to the door. I quickly entered my car, and turned on the heater. Thankfully the cold and snowy air of New York quickly vanished.

I put my car in gear, and drove down away from Starbucks. As I drove down the street, I glanced at the clock, it was 8:55AM. i had to be at Adam's Music Store at 9, I'll make it right on time. I rolled into that parking lot at 9 sharp, grabbed my caffee and ran inside.

See, right after I was discharged from the hospital, I ran into a good friend of mine from high school, Adam West. Turns out he has a wife, who was my best friend in high school, and a new born baby girl.

Then Adam offered me a part time job when I'm writing a new book or something to keep me busy. I jumped at the chance, and his family and I have been rather close ever since.

"I'm here! I'm here!" I shouted as I ran through the door.

Adam laughed, and hopped over the counter. I rolled my eyes. Show Off Much?

"Hey! There's the women of the day!" Adam cheered.

Oh yeah...I almost forgot...it's my 25th birthday.

"Dang, you remembered." I said sarcastically.

"Of course I remembered Janelle, it's not everyday my bestie turns 25!"

"Oh hush now, you'll make me sound old."

"Face it sweetheart, you are old." Adam smirked.

I slapped him in the arm, he deserved it.

"OW! Old and lonely.." he said as he walked into the back room.

I looked around, and found the place...totally empty. Well it was Monday, otherwise this place would be max capacity. I hate Monday's...

I sat on the counter, bored out of my mind. I soon hopped down, and grabbed one of the many guitars Adam kept in the back for the employees to use when were dead. I began to play the first song that came to mind.

Instantly I began the tune to Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift & Ed Sheeran.

All I knew this morning when I woke

Is I know something now, know something now I didn't before

And all I've seen since eighteen hours ago

Is green eyes and freckles and your smile

In the back of my mind making me feel like

I sang along with the hum of the guitar. Adam had givin' me lessons right after the hospital thing. Yet even he doesn't know about the dream. And I planned on keeping it that way.

All I knew this morning when I woke

Is I know something now, know something now I didn't before

And all I've seen since eighteen hours ago

Is green eyes and freckles and your smile

In the back of my mind making me feel like

I just wanna know you better know you better know you better now [x4]

'Cause all I know is we said "Hello"

And your eyes look like coming home

All I know is a simple name

Everything has changed

All I know is you held the door

You'll be mine and I'll be yours

All I know since yesterday is everything has changed

And all my walls stood tall painted blue

And I'll take them down, take them down and open up the door for you

I found it rather strange that I loved this song as much as I did. Most songs about love made me sick. Adam claims it to be because I'm lonely and such, but I keep[ telling myself that it's for other reasons.

When I finished the song, I heard clapping behind me. Nearly jumping out of my own skin, I slowly turned, finding Adam. Thank god.

"Oh...it's just you." I said flatly.

"Were you expecting someone else?" he asked.

"Not really, why?" I asked, rising an eyebrow.

"Hmm no reason," Adam paused, and sighed. "Look Janelle, I know are you busy tomorrow?"

"No, why?" I asked, chuckling. Adam's wife Summer and I often made fun of Adam because in high school he use to have a huge crush on me. Poor kid, although he should be lucky to have Summer. She's amazing.

"We need a few extra hands around here tomorrow. There is a rather famous band coming here for a CD signing, and you know how that can go. I know your normally off, but only this once, Please?" he asked.

"Grr, okay fine, what time?"

"1PM to 4PM. Your job will be to make sure the band gets in here without any complications, and such."

"So basically I'm there bitch?" I said, smiling.

"Yeah, pretty much!" Adam laughed.

I hit his arm again. "You're not supposed to agree!!"

"OW! Okay Okay! I'm sorry! Now go home, your grumpy today." He said, rubbing his arm.

I gladly grabbed my jacket, and headed out the door. it was now about 5:30PM and all I wanted to do was eat junk food and watch movies.

Aw, sounds like the PERFECT birthday.

I quickly arrived at my apartment, and shuffled inside. I changed into my favorite pair of black Nike sweatpants, Harry Potter t-shirt, and walked (or more of slid due to the anti-friction of my socks) into the kitchen, and grabbed all the junk food insight.

I curled up on my couch with my Kingdom Hearts blanket (Yea,yea I'm a nerd, and I'm proud!) and popped in Hunger Games.

As I watched the screen intensely, I couldn't help but wonder one thing...

What band was going to be at the store tomorrow?