Chapter 3: 2nd showdown with Candy Apples

The next week, the Abby Lee Dance Company was rehearsing for the upcoming competition, which is Starbound and it'll be held in Nutley, New Jersey and for assignments, Mackenzie had a solo called Bigger Isn't Better, Maddie had a solo known as Lights, Camera, Action and Chloe had a solo too named Don't Catch Me and for the group, known as Born To Dance with Brooke as the leader.

On the day prior to the competition in Albuquerque, Sebastian was at the front desk reading a ESPN magazine, he then heard footsteps approaching and saw that Kelly was approaching.

"Hey, Kelly. What's going on?"

"Seb, i was talking to Brooke the other day and she said that she wants to try out for the cheerleading team at her school and i don't know how to tell your mother, because i'm nervous that she'll get very, very mad." Kelly explained. "Maybe you can convince Brooke to not go for cheerleading tryouts."

"I'll do it. Where is she?"

"The Dancer's Den." Kelly answered.

Sebastian got up from sitting and left the front desk and approached the Dancer's Den, he opened the door and entered, there he saw Brooke sitting down in thought and then Brooke looked up and noticed that Sebastian had just come in.

"Hey there, Seb."

"Hey there, Brooke. Can i talk to you for a second?"

Brooke nodded as he sat across from her.

"Let me guess, my mom told you i wanted to try out for cheerleading at my school?" Brooke predicted as Sebastian sat across from her.

"Yeah, she just told me. Brooke, i know you want to do things a teenager wants to do since you're at that age, but if you go out for cheerleading, my mom will be very mad and more than likely, she'll give you and Paige the boot from the team because of that. Sometimes when you get older, you're gonna lose something." Sebastian told Brooke.

"All right, i'll stick with dancing and thanks for helping me out." Brooke told him as she hugged him.

"You're welcome." Sebastian replied.

The rehearsals had ended and everybody went home except for Abby and Sebastian, as they were the last to leave the studio and as Abby and her son were making their way towards their house, Abby heard her phone ring and it was Kelly calling and the dance teacher answered.

"Kelly, what's going on?" Abby wondered.

"Abby, just to let you know, Brooke sprained her left knee after Paige accidentally tripped on her feet and hit Brooke in the knee, so i'm gonna take her to the doctor. But she can put some weight on the knee."

Abby sighed and so did Sebastian. "Tell Brooke she has this competition and the next one off."

"I will and she says she is sorry for letting you down."

"Understandable."

They hung up before heading home.

The next day, which was the day before competition, the Abby Lee Dance Company was on their way to Nutley and before the left the studio, they reblocked the group as Abby and Sebastian informed everybody that Brooke was going to be out for the week and next because she had sprained her knee and as they were on their way to Nutley as Kelly stayed behind to watch Brooke. The time was 6:55 pm and it was night since Daylight Savings had ended the weekend prior and the bus was rolling, then, a phone was heard ringing and it was Melissa's phone, calling Melissa was none other than Cathy which surprised everybody, Melissa then answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Melissa, I was thinking that maybe there could be a time that we could get the girls together." Cathy said. "Maybe meet halfway somewhere?"