Chapter 11: Abby's Ringers vs Cathy's Ringers

The day was May 6th and at Abby's apartment, Sebastian looking out of the window, seeing traffic on Lake Shore Drive as something was on his mind.

"Seb?" Abby said.

Sebastian turned around and saw his mother. "Hey, mom."

"Something's on your mind." Abby said, seeing her 12 year old son had been deep in thought about something.

"Mom, remember yesterday we checked information about the competition? Which will be Nexstar and it will be held in Akron, Ohio and when it comes to Ohio, you know who we'll likely be facing." Sebastian stated. "So, i was thinking, since Cathy uses older dancers in her group dances, how about we throw a little curveball of our own and use some of your older dancers to go against Cathy."

Abby then had a huge grin on her face at the idea her son just suggested. "Sebastian Orlando Miller, you are a genius!"

"Cathy won't see it coming!" Sebastian exclaimed, grinning as well.

"She sure won't see it coming."

The next day, Abby talked to the girls about the last competition and after pyramid, they talked about where they'd be heading next.

"This weekend, we will be heading to Nexstar in Akron, Ohio." Abby informed as the moms and girls groaned, knowing who they will be facing. "We might see Kendal, Vivi and all that we know is that we're gonna be so hot, they'll be apple pie! The group is known as Land Unforgiving and even Mackenzie's going to be in the group. Paige, you'll be doing your solo named Tongue Twister, the solo that i gave for the competition in Chicago, but your mother made me pull the routine and also, you'll be going up against Kendall for the title at Nexstar. You have to prove to Kendall and her birdbrained mother, Jill that leaving the Abby Lee Dance Company was a giant mistake. Chloe, you'll be doing a solo named Angry Bird. Also, Sebastian came up with a great idea. Since Cathy uses older dancers in her group dances, we'll level the playing field by bringing one of our own older dancers. Girls, warm up and moms, you're dismissed."

The girls started warming up and the moms headed upstairs.

"You know, it's kind of hypocritical to me that Abby is bringing in older dancers even though she credited Sebastian for the idea as we heard them complain about Cathy using older dancers on her team." Holly told the moms

"Well it's obvious that Abby wants to level the playing field." Melissa told them.

"Yeah." Kelly and Christi both stated.

"Fair enough." Holly commented.

Back in Studio A, Abby brought in 3 dancers for her studio, one was 15 and had auburn hair, the other was also 15 with brown hair and the other also had brown hair that was around 16.

"I know you all know them well, but i'm gonna introduce them, you know Katherine Narashimhan, who dances for the elite company, Auriel Welty and Nina Linhart, who both dance for the teen company." Abby introduced as the girls applauded.

Through that week, they rehearsed and on Wednesday, Kelly came downstairs to complain about Paige not having somebody to teach her the dance as much, but Abby held her ground and told Kelly that Paige knew the dance. Kelly decided to take matters into her own hands and re-choreographed Paige's dance.

The weekend arrived and in Akron, Ohio, the bus that had the Abby Lee Dance Company arrived at the Civic Theatre, the location of Nexstar.

"This is very amazing." Abby stated, before she turned to Sebastian and the girls. "Don't touch anything."

"Loud and clear, mother dear." Sebastian said as Abby nodded. "Mom, heads up, i was checking my phone 3 minutes before we arrived and found out the competition's running 30 minutes ahead of schedule, that means we thought we had a huge break, but that isn't the case."