Chapter 14: Opportunist, thy name is Jill

Days later, it was Wednesday and it was 3 days prior to Starbound, which was going to be held in Rosemont, which wasn't far from Chicago and for dancing assignments, Maddie and Mackenzie had solos, there was originally going to be a duet between Chloe and Paige, but because of Paige's foot injury and being out 4 to 6 weeks, it was up in the air on who would replace her in the duet and there was the usual group dance and in the Dancer's Den, Paige was sitting on the bench writing something in her notebook as Jill and Kendall walked in.

"Hey." Kendall said.

"Hi, Paigey." Jill greeted Paige.

"What happened to your foot?" Kendall asked.

"It's broke and i'm out for 4 to 6 weeks." Paige answered as Kendall then went into Studio B so Jill could talk to the younger Hyland.

"Paige, Abby told me you had a duet with Chloe and because of your foot, you're unable to do it?" Jill asked and Paige nodded. "Did she say who'll be in the duet instead?"

"Miss Abby said Chloe might be doing a solo." Paige stated.

"That sucks, but that's all right, you'll have plenty of time to do your duet with Chloe." Jill assured, but in the back of her mind, this was a perfect oppourtunity for her Little Kendall and a few minutes later, Paige went up to the observation room.

"Hey there, Paigey Mack!" Kelly said. "Did you learn anything in there?"

"Jill's here." Paige informed. "She was asking me questions about this weekend."

"Why was Jill asking you about pyramid?" Melissa wondered.

"Yeah, she isn't part of the group after taking Kendall to them in Colorado." Christi added, referring about Jill taking Kendall to the Candy Apples earlier in the season and Paige told them.

Down in the front desk, Abby and Sebastian were talking about what to do for the duet since Paige was injured and then, Jill came from the Dancer's Den.

"Abby, Sebastian, so Paige broke her foot." Jill told them.

"Actually, Jill, she broke her toe up into her foot." Sebastian corrected.

"He's correct." Abby added.

"So what now since she's out to 4 to 6 weeks?" Jill asked.

"Jill, this has nothing to do with you." Sebastian simply said. "And if you think there's a spot for Kendall, you must be loonier than a mental patient. Also, you have to get this, when you left, you went to the arch-rival enemy, had it been anybody else that wasn't an arch-rival enemy, then it would have been a different story. It's very hurtful and also a slap to the face."

"What he said." Abby commented.

"I get that, but you have to get this, i was hurt by the way you treated Kendall."

"You didn't let me do my job!" Abby exclaimed. "You have to learn your place, you don't walk into a rehearsal. You don't walk into pyramid and throw your kid down our throats and i need to do what's best for the group and Kendall deserves nothing."

"And another thing, Jill, it's better to let someone think you're stupid than open your mouth and prove it." Sebastian told Jill, who looked slackjawed as Abby howled with laughter at the comment that her son just made to Jill.

"Good one!" Abby laughed.

"Abby, did you just hear what your son said to me?!" Jill griped.

"Yeah and you deserved that." Abby snorted.

"Kendall was in class and let me tell you who wasn't in class last night. Chloe, Brooke and Paige. They don't come to class, but My Little Kendall does." Jill stated.

"Incorrect, Chloe was in class, so was Brooke and Paige. We saw them." Sebastian commented and Kelly came downstairs.

"Jill, question, why'd you ask Paige who was replacing her in the duet?" Kelly asked.

"I didn't." Jill denied and the two moms argued as Abby and Sebastian looked at each other.

That weekend, the Abby Lee Dance Company went to Starbound and there, Maddie got 1st in the junior division, Mackenzie got 2ns in the junior petite division, Brooke was going to do her solo but her back was hurting her, so Abby pulled and in the duet/trio division, Chloe and Kendall got 1st, also, Maddie and Chloe filmed their scenes on Drop Dead Diva as they won the audition that week.