Chapter 12: A Birthday is Ruined

A week later, the Abby Lee Dance Company prepared for their upcoming competition which is Starbound and it was going to be held in Atlanta, Georgia and Abby brought in Payton for the week meaning Leslie was there and Payton, Maddie and Chloe had solos, there was a trio which had Nia, Paige and Mackenzie and everybody would be in the group except for Mackenzie. Also, the girls were going to be auditioning for a role on a TV show named Drop Dead Diva.

The day was May 16 and it was 3 days prior to the competition and it was also Kelly's birthday and at Kelly's apartment, which is on Harbor Drive at Harbor Point that evening, the time was 6:00 pm and Kelly was sitting in the living room as the girls were either at Abby's apartment or Gianna's apartment and the moms were all there enjoying a drink.

"We might get lucky and Leslie won't show up." Kelly predicted.

"I really don't have a problem with Leslie." Christi admitted.

"Yes you do." Melissa said. "You lie like a rug."

"But i just don't like how she comes in and-- i mean, we've got senority here." Kelly told them.

"Good point." Holly pointed out.

The doorbell rang and Kelly went to see who was at the door, she opened it and as it turned out, Leslie was standing at the door with a bag, which had a birthday gift for Kelly and she walked in the kitchen behind Kelly.

"We thought you gave up on us." Holly stated to Leslie.

"I did get lost, you know how it is with the Los Angeles traffic." Leslie commented.

"What-ever, Leslie!" Kelly exclaimed. "What-ever!"

"Don't start." Leslie simply said. "How many drinks have you had?"

"Are you gonna bully us?"

Leslie started at them like they had gone off the rails.

"I feel like everytime we're up in the observation room at Abby's studio, everytime we say something, you always jump in and jump down our throats."

"You know i talk loud, my voice gets loud and it's not bullying, it is just how i talk. I'm here to enjoy myself this week and to watch the girls and enjoy them dance." Leslie told them.

"I feel like i've been dealing with it all week." Kelly commented.

"You told me to shut up a few times." Christi said to Leslie.

"Sometimes, i wish you would." Leslie sighed as she ate some of the birthday cake for Kelly.

"Well, i actually wish you would."

"I take picking on people seriously." Holly said.

"Me too, so i'm not doing it as i'm sick of you all accusing me of doing it." Leslie stated.

"Honestly, i think in my opinion what the issue is at times Leslie is that the tone of what you're saying is very intense." Holly reasonably pointed out.

"You're sitting there and listen to Christi and Kelly aka the drunks, saying what they're saying." Leslie said to Holly

"Call me and Kelly drunks again." Christi dared as she glared at Leslie, who was smirking as Melissa was cringing. "How many people have said they've seen you at competitions standing there with a beer bottle, you're nothing but an intimidating woman! How about you scram?"

Leslie slowly got up and as she was about to head to the exit, she threw something at Christi, who simply moved out of the way as Leslie left.

"Somehow i knew she was gonna do that." Christi told the moms.

"Yeah." Melissa admitted before she, Christi and Holly left for the night.

That weekend in Atlanta, the Abby Lee Dance Company competed at Starbound and there, the group got 1st, Nia, Paige and Mackenzie's trio got 5th, Payton got 7th for her solo, Maddie got 2nd and Chloe got 1st.