Chapter 5: Comeback

4 days passed since Thanksgiving, and everybody was back at the studio for a new week of dancing.

"Before we get started, i would like to officially welcome Kendall, she is now officially a member of the Abby Lee Dance Company." Abby announced as applause was heard from Sebastian, the moms and girls, Kendall was given her jacket by Abby while Jill was grinning. "Kendall, remember, it is gonna be tough, so work hard and when you wear that jacket, stand up straight."

"Got you." Kendall said, then Abby signaled for Sebastian to have the floor.

"All right, this weekend, we'll be traveling to Long Island, New York to attend the Starbound competition and you know they'll be ready for us, they want to beat us since we're the defending National Champions. Over to you for pyramid, mom."

"Thank you." Abby thanked her son and then the pyramid began and on the lower level was Mackenzie, Nia, Paige and Kendall, on the middle were Maddie and Chloe and on the top was a covered photo and Abby got ready to reveal it. "And on the top..."

The dance teacher reached for the photo as Payton had a confident smile on her face and Leslie was grinning, thinking that Payton was on top of the pyramid as the girls and moms had nervous looks on their face, but nobody could prepare for what happened next as Abby revealed the photo and surprised gasps were heard. "...is Brooke."

It turned out that it was Brooke's headshot that was on the top of the pyramid instead of Payton, who looked crushed, and Leslie looked like she had been hit in the gut as Payton burst into tears and Brooke came in as the girls ran over and hugged her and even Sebastian hugged her too.

"I know you're asking yourselves this, how can Brooke be on the top of the pyramid? Even though she missed the previous two competitions after falling under the weather with a migraine, she'll be doing a solo." Abby commented before looking at Payton. "Payton, we know everyone's replaceable, you just weren't the right replacement for this particular group. You had a great experience, you saw the gateway to the west, you cannot be upset."

"Really? We've been loyal to her for 13 years!" Kelly shouted.

"Brooke left!" Leslie said.

"She had a migraine and was out for two weeks! You had left a long time ago!"

"How dare you?!" Leslie questioned Abby. "Our history?"

"Here's the thing, this is my mom's studio, she runs the show how she sees fit, Payton got to travel to St. Louis with us and got to compete which is better than nothing. So you should be grateful and get that through your popcorn sized brain, Air Balloon head!" Sebastian retorted as Abby, the girls and moms couldn't help but laugh.

"Look, you little brat--" Leslie shouted.

"HEY!" Abby screamed. "Don't you dare call my son a brat!"

"Whatever, if you don't want her, we'll find somebody that actually wants Payton to be on their competition team." Leslie said before signaling to Payton. "Come on, Payton. You can keep Kendall and the rest of your group."

Leslie and Payton headed to the door and exited Studio A.

"Leslie needs a nap." Sebastian told Abby

"Yeah." Abby agreed.

For assignments, Brooke's solo was known as Starry Night, Mackenzie had a solo called The Party Starts Right Now and the group dance was known as Avalanche and at Starbound that weekend, the group got 2nd, Mackenzie got 1st in the petite soloist division and Brooke got 3rd in the teen soloist division.

The week after, the Abby Lee Dance Company went to Clute, Texas and competed at MA Dance and it was solo week, everybody had solos even Sebastian.