Chapter 4: Arrogant Comment

It was November 19th in St. Louis, a city in Missouri, the Abby Lee Dance Company were walking down Market Street to the St. Louis Union Station were Hollywood Vibe was held at. For assignments, the group dance was called What Goes Around and playing the bully was Payton, who was filling in for Brooke as she was under the weather with a migraine, Chloe had a solo named Proof, Maddie had a solo called The Girl I Wanna Be and there was a trio known as Nothing More Annoying Then A Man, usually the trio would be Maddie, Chloe and Paige, but to make things interesting, Abby decided to put Kendall in Paige's place.

They arrived at the St Louis Union Station hotel, which was the site of Hollywood Vibe and after entering, Abby got them checked in before heading to one of the conference rooms, which was used as a dressing room.

"Girls, attention! This is Hollywood Vibe and you know the people here are working professionals from either home in Los Angeles or New York City, even the individual who puts you on stage and there's a really great chance that come monday, they'll either be working in some studio, talent or a casting agency. This is huge and really important to all of you for the rest of your lives, let alone me" Abby informed as Leslie was talking to Payton.

"Payton, you've got to really, really work, this might be your only chance, make sure to get your leaps up and if you don't do good today, there's a great chance you might not be on the team." Leslie stated to her daughter, then she looked over in Jill's direction. She really wanted Payton to be on team as Jill and Kendall were strangers to her.

"Kendall, i want you to go over the trio a lot of times, because i have to know that you know the dance." Jill instructed to Kendall, then she pulled out 2 $10s and placed it on the makeup table. "If you do well, then this $20 will be yours."

Sebastian just rolled his eyes over Jill bribing her daughter.

"Jill, Leslie, your daughters are still on probation, so we'll see how this goes and technically, you're both on probation too as you go right along with the student."

Maddie, Chloe and Kendall were in their costumes and were running through the dance, they then headed to the stage as Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, Mackenzie, Nia, Paige, Payton and the moms went to their seats.

"Next on the stage is Nothing More Annoying Than A Man!" Maddie, Chloe and Kendall walked on to the stage and were sitting on the end of the stage, Maddie and Chloe were in their spots, but Kendall was sitting far right of them, thanks to the microphone that was between them.

"Why's Kendall a mile away from Maddie and Chloe?" Abby wondered.

"Mom, it's obvious that the way the microphone was placed made Kendall sit far on the right." Sebastian pointed out.

"You sure do have a great point."

Maddie, Chloe and Kendall did their dance, and they did well even though Kendall had the most flaws and when they completed their dance, they posed and left the stage. Everybody went backstage to get Maddie and Chloe ready for their solos.

"What did you think?" Sebastian asked.

"Good." Maddie and Chloe replied.

"Kendall, just when i was going to order that sweatsuit for you, we noticed you were far right from Chloe and Maddie and in addition, that foot was up in the air." Abby said to Kendall. "You have to angle yourself so people do not see things and the spacing was off, but we can blame the microphone that separated you from Chloe and Maddie. Moms, here's some advice, head in the audience ahead of time before the competition starts, look at the stage and figure out where you will be."

"Got you." Jill said as Maddie and Chloe then got their solo costumes on and they headed to the stage while Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, Mackenzie, Paige, Nia, Payton, Kendall and the moms headed to the audience.