Chapter 17: Preparing for the Showdown

In North Hollywood, a city in California that's close to Los Angeles, a taxi van was on Lankershim Boulevard arriving at a building called Millennium Dance Complex, a dance studio with 5 studio rooms and a outdoor garden patio and exiting the taxi was Abby, Sebastian and Gianna as the Abby Lee Dance Company would be rehearsing for Nationals.

"Mom, Gia, what a season it was." Sebastian remarked.

"You're right about that." Abby agreed.

"All that's left is to win the National Title." Gianna said.

"Correct, Gia."

"All right, In10sity was intense, there were a ton of mistakes that we saw and every solo needed to strive for perfection." Abby said. "That was the last competition prior to Nationals, i've said it before and i'll say it again, last year, you won the National Title and we want to be back to back National Champions of dance. This week, we'll be staying here in Los Angeles, however, we will be going to one of the most famous zip codes."

"Beverly Hills, 90210!" Melissa exclaimed excitedly.

"Ding Ding Ding Ding! You're correct, Mel!" Sebastian stated.

"We'll be going to the Energy Dance National Invitational and now let's get to the pyramid." Abby told everybody and on the lower level were Paige, Nia, Brooke and Kendall. On the middle were Chloe and Mackenzie and at the top was Maddie. "Our group dance is known as The Last Text We have four solos and two of them have been locked up by Maddie and Chloe thanks to their wins the week prior, Mackenzie will also have a solo and for Maddie's solo, it's known as Telling Myself and Chloe's solo is Silence and Mackenzie, your solo is Killer Bee, the same name of the solo Vivi did the previous season before she and her mother left. Also, there's a solo called The Diary of Anne Frank and that will be decided in a dance off between Brooke, Kendall and Nia. Remember, they are not your friends, they are your competitors. All right, moms, you can head out and girls, start warming up."

The girls began stretching as the moms all went to the outdoor garden patio.

"What a season." Christi said.

"You got that right." Melissa agreed.

"Question, between Maddie and Chloe, who do you think will win the soloist National Title this time?" Kelly asked.

"Anything can happen, we'll just have to wait and find out when Nationals arrives." Melissa responded. "Last year in Lake Tahoe, Sebastian won the Elite Junior Soloist National Title and Chloe was 2nd and Maddie won the Elite Mini Soloist Title. Now with Maddie and Chloe in the same division, it could go one of two ways."

"Well put." Christi commented. "Question, what are your overall opinions on Brooke, Nia and Kendall dancing for the last solo?"

"I think having My Little Kendall dance against Brooke and Nia dancing for a solo is unfair." Jill griped as Melissa, Christi, Kelly and Holly rolled their eyes.

"Jill, we know that the kids want it, but only one is going to get the solo and it's real obvious that Abby and even Sebastian do not want Nia to have that solo." Holly stated.

"My Little Kendall's having a good season, i think she should be given the solo." Jill said.

"I'm worried that Brooke, Kendall and Nia are not going to be focuses as they're currently doing the group." Melissa pointed out as Maddie, Mackenzie and Chloe finished their parts in the group dance. "They're about to begin the dance off for the solo."

Then Sebastian and Gianna came to the outdoor patio garden.

"Hey, everybody. You should see this tweet Mom, Gia and myself just saw." Sebastian informed, handing Christi the phone and she looked at the tweet.

"Oh my goodness!" Christi shouted, before she read the tweet. "Hey, Flabby and Hippie, the Candy Apples cannot wait to kick your behinds all over 90210 and send you back to Chicago with your tails between your legs xoxo, Cathy."

"No way!" Kelly added.

"Way." Gianna stated. "That's what they said."

"They'll be hungry for it." Melissa commented.

"Bet you they have been working on their dance for a long time while we are learning our group dance in 2 days whiile we have an off day tomorrow." Holly said.

"I pick Brooke." Sebastian whispered.

"That's a good pick, now let's see who the moms pick." Abby said as it was time for the moms to pick who would be doing the solo. "Who is your pick, Jill?"

"My Little Kendall, it's a no brainer." Jill responded.

"Kelly?"

"Brooke, she's been at the studio since she was 2 and has been a team player." Kelly commented.

"Holly?"

"Nia." Holly said. "It was enjoyable seeing her do the piece."

"Well, we have a 3-way tie." Sebastian remarked.

"Christi, you're the tiebreaker. That means, whoever you pick will do the solo." Gianna added.

"Oh, my goodness." Christi laughed. "After careful consideration, my pick goes to Brooke as Kelly just said, she has been a team player and has been with you the longest."

"All right, with that choice, Brooke, you have won the solo!" Abby stated as the moms and girls all applauded, but Jill was not a happy camper over her daughter not getting the solo.

"Somehow, i had a feeling on who'd get the solo." Kendall said, looking like she was about to burst into tears over not getting the solo. "It was obvious you wanted Brooke wanted to beat me."

"We had that feeling and this is not fair!" Jill whined as Abby and Sebastian looked annoyed with Jill not being a good sport.

"Seriously?" Kelly grumbled. "Jill, it's a solo, so chill out."

"You chill out, Kelly! Then chill out!"

"We're not dealing with Jill's BS, this is ridiculous!" Christi said as Abby and Sebastian nodded before she and the moms exited the studio room.

"Kendall, do not worry about it because we'll have to let you go. We would love for you to beat the living tar out of the Candy Apples, but those are all the solos we are giving out, but you will still be in the group dance, which is better than not dancing at all." Sebastian commented, Kendall then headed out to the outdoor patio and burst into tears as Jill comforted her daughter.

"Kendall, you were a close contender and gave it your best." Jill assured. "I thought you were amazing."

"That was the only solo i wanted." Kendall said, crying.

"Don't worry, there'll be others and you never know, you might have one next year." Jill stated, when solo rehearsals were done, everybody headed back to the hotel.