Chapter 19: Nationals 2012

The next morning, Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, the girls and moms were walking down the street and arrived at a theater called the Saban Theater, which was where Nationals would be at

"Remember, don't even associate with Cathy and her village idiots like Sebastian called them. Just ignore them and pretend they aren't there." Abby instructed firmly.

"Got it, Miss Abby." Chloe stated.

"Crystal clear." Maddie added.

"Good."

They entered the theater and Abby got them signed in before heading to their dressing room where Maddie, Mackenzie, Brooke and Chloe started get ready for their solos.

"Girls!" Abby called as everybody turned to the dance teacher. "This is Nationals! You have worked the whole year long to get to this point, everyday you've been in the studio rehearsing and every weekend that we have either flown, rode the bus or in the event the competition was in Chicago, Evanston or close, drove to a competition which led up to this point today and what you do on that stage could change the rest of your life. Maddie, you'll be first and Chloe, you'll be next as we've got to do some psyching out with Justice."

Meanwhile, back outside, Cathy, Vivi, Mitchell, the Candy Apples and their mothers arrived at the door before stopping.

"This s it, everybody, we're here at Nationals and when it's all said and done, we'll be heading back home to Canton as the season will come to a close. So let's end it with a National Title and beat Abby." Cathy said and when they entered and got signed in, they headed to the door of the Abby Lee Dance Company's dressing room and started a C-A-D-C chant.

"Somehow, i had a feeling that was bound to happen." Spencer rolled his eyes.

"They're making fools of themselves." Mackenzie commented.

"Big time fools." Brooke said.

"How they put up with Cathy, i'll never know." Abby mumbled. "Seb would have been mortified if i did that."

Sebastian then signaled for Maddie and Chloe to approach him. "Maddie, Chloe, when you find Justice, make sure to get in his face and do a right turn."

"You mean like this?" Maddie and Chloe did the right turn.

"Yes, just like that." Sebastian said as the stagehand entered the dressing room and called for Maddie and Chloe, who walked to the stage as Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, Brooke, Paige, Nia, Mackenzie and the moms headed to their seats, located in the 4th row and in the 5th row behind them was Cathy and the Candy Apples. Maddie and Chloe did a right turn in the wings of the stage in front of Justice, who was intimidated.

"Next to the stage, Justice with Never Surrender!"

"Snoozeville." Sebastian said.

"You can say that again." Abby told her son.

"If that somehow wins, something's fishy." Gianna commented.

"Coming up, Maddie with Telling Myself!" Maddie came on to the stage and stood in her spot, then the music began and she began dancing. She danced like her life depended on it and at the end, she did a pose before heading off stage.

"Up next, Chloe with Silence!" Chloe walked from the wings of the stage to the stage and was in her starting pose. The music started and Chloe was dancing like it was her last one and did her pose when the music ended before leaving the stage. The girls and moms were in their dressing rooms and next, Abby, Sebastian and Gianna walked in.

"Maddie, Chloe, you two were brilliant!" Abby complimented her top two dancers, who smiled humbly at their dance teacher. "Your solos are national award winning solos to me and everybody else in the dressing room. You two set the bar very, very high for everybody that is going to dance today."

Sebastian helped Mackenzie and Brooke run through their solos and gave them some great tips before the two headed to the stage.

"Up next, The Diary of Anne Frank!" Brooke went on the stage and from the very start, the older Hyland was great and when the music ended, she posed and left the stage.

"Coming up to the stage, Killer Bee!" Mackenzie went on the stage and was fantastic as Abby, Sebastian and Melissa were enjoying every minute of it as Cathy was glaring. Mackenzie did a pose and headed off stage and backstage, the girls got prepared for the group and Sebastian helped the girls carry their prop to the stage.

"Coming up, The Storm!" Justice, Kerisa, Sarah, Taylor, Erika and Vivi came to the stage to do their group dance. The began their dance and from the start, it was a total disaster, but at the end, they completed their dance before heading off stage.

"That would not be wining had we been judging." Sebastian told Abby.

"You are right, but then again, we aren't judged and we don't know those people and dance competitions judges are unpredictable." Abby agreed.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, The Last Text!" The girls went to the stage and were in the car seat prop with Maddie and Paige up front and Brooke, Kendall, Mackenzie, Chloe and Nia were behind them and their dance was simulating texting while driving, which is dangerous and they did a pretend crash and they were fantastic and when the dance was over, they posed and the audience loved it, even Cathy.

(Quick Results)

Energy Petite Soloist Division Awards:

1st - Killer Bee by Mackenzie

EnergyTeen Soloist Division Awards:

1st - The Diary of Anne Frank by Brooke

Energy Junior Soloist Division Awards:

3rd - Never Surrender by Justice

2nd - Telling Myself by Maddie

1st - Silence by Chloe

Energy Group Division Awards:

1st - The Last Text by Abby Lee Dance Company

The Abby Lee Dance Company successfully defended their National Title, making them back to back National Champions of Dance and the Candy Apples would be heading back to Canton with their tail between their legs. To celebrate their win at Nationals, Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, the girls and moms went to dinner. They went to an award show a few days later before the girls, moms and Gianna caught a flight back home to Chicago as Abby and Sebastian stayed behind to film a new show called Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition. Hopefully, the Abby Lee Dance Company can make it a Three-Peat for next season.

***
A/N: That concludes The City That Dances and the sequel, named Same City, Different Place will take place in Seasons 3 and 4